LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
theres white gas smellin smog commin out my pipe, im gettn shitty milage i replaced the plugs didnt help, but the old ones are black wit soot n the idle is ruff enough to shake shit off the dash, its an 89 reliant wit a chrysler 2.5 tbi. HELP.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by perico@Sep 2 2003, 04:30 PM
your burning oil
no dont think its that cuz its always been burning oil buts its never run this bad, n if thats the case than y does the exhaust smell like gas, wouldnt it be be blue er sumthin.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Check your cap, rotor, and spark plugs... Might have fouled or almost fouled a few causing it not to burn as much fuel/oil as it use to.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah found out it is n fact runnin to rich, i REALLY dont wanna diognos this car cuz its barley worth it, is there n/e thing i can do to compansate the rich mixture mabe like advance the timeing er ne thing like that. n i checkd the plugs rotor n wires n aint them. cuz i had replaced all of me bout 6 months ago.

Last edited by fuwad85 at Sep 6 2003, 10:57 AM

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ne body
?

·
Registered
21,387 Posts
i got the same problem. mine turned out to be the MAP sensor. it also may be the throttle position sensor. Is the check engine light on??

if it runs too rich for too long, your plugs will foul and it won't start, then you gotta take em' all out again and clean em up. so it's better to diagnose the problem now.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Sep 18 2003, 03:16 PM
i got the same problem. mine turned out to be the MAP sensor. it also may be the throttle position sensor. Is the check engine light on??

if it runs too rich for too long, your plugs will foul and it won't start, then you gotta take em' all out again and clean em up. so it's better to diagnose the problem now.
nope the check engine isnt on but theres this wierd 'puff puff puff' every once n while when n idle comin from the exhaust, i hate this thing i might jus save up for a new car ne way cuz it needs a shitload of things i originally bought it for 300 but must have put n like twice as much for repairs it needed, n/e other advise would be helpfull

1 - 8 of 8 Posts