LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got damn man i thought i had fix my prob but more shit keeps happening. ok i jad just put my radiater in and put new valve cover gaskets in then i took it around the block then i noticed smoke coming from under the hood? looked and it looks like the smoke is coming from between where the exhuast manifold cannects to the motor just from the passenger side????? whats this mean? is it somethin bad? or does it just need some new exhuat manifold gaskets?? :angry:

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
if you just changed the VC gaskets, some oil more than likelt spilled on the exhaust.. drive it for a few miles, if thats the case, it'll burn off soon..

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
With the engine cold, spray some engine degreaser near the exhuast manifolds near the heads. Clean that part on the heads and lightly spray water to get the degreaser off. Then drive her around for a bit and it should clear the smoke and the smell. Unless the valve cover gasket squeezed out from overtightening, it happens. Never need to tighten the valve cover, or oil pan gaskets too tight, or they will leak.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Oct 9 2003, 09:28 PM
With the engine cold, spray some engine degreaser near the exhuast manifolds near the heads. Clean that part on the heads and lightly spray water to get the degreaser off. Then drive her around for a bit and it should clear the smoke and the smell. Unless the valve cover gasket squeezed out from overtightening, it happens. Never need to tighten the valve cover, or oil pan gaskets too tight, or they will leak.
:thumbsup:

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i did what yall told me to do i degrease and washed the manifold then to it for a spin then i parked it let it run and saw some red fuid coming from under the radiater and its all over the ground and its over heating still from the over flow tank just steeming and boiling?? damn now what is it my water pump or sumthing help me out guys :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
If it's red fluid coming from the bottom of your radiator, it's most likely the transmission cooler. There is usually two lines going to the radiator from the tranny. If that's not the problem, check your power steering pump and hoses.

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
Check the bottom of the waterpump, there should be a little hole that begins to leak if the bearings go bad. Check it out.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Oct 12 2003, 03:27 PM
a new thermostat wont help unless the old one is stuck shut..
or open. do you realize how long its takes for my engine to reach normal operating temp?!

Last edited by Foompla at Oct 12 2003, 08:49 PM

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla+Oct 12 2003, 07:48 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Oct 12 2003, 07:48 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER@Oct 12 2003, 03:27 PM
or open. do you realize how long its takes for my engine to reach normal operating temp?![/b][/quote]
no. how long?

but, an open thermostat generally does not cause overheating..

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Id change the thermostat first, then the waterpump, next would be the radiator.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by 216RIDER+Oct 12 2003, 09:22 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (216RIDER @ Oct 12 2003, 09:22 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 12 2003, 07:48 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--216RIDER
@Oct 12 2003, 03:27 PM

or open. do you realize how long its takes for my engine to reach normal operating temp?!
no. how long?

but, an open thermostat generally does not cause overheating..[/b][/quote]
about 10-15 min just to pass the cold marker on a cold day, maybe 5-10 on a regular day. and it stalls if i dont let it heat up :angry: and the heat doesnt work until the engine heats up!!!!

fuck this... im takin the bus.

Last edited by Foompla at Oct 13 2003, 02:08 PM

·
~RIP BIG MIKE~
39,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by 1LOWCHERO@Oct 12 2003, 11:26 PM
Id change the thermostat first, then the waterpump, next would be the radiator.
yeah i already got a new radiatr still overheats, guess next is the thermostat and water pump like you said

1 - 20 of 24 Posts