LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving home yesterday when I stopped at a light - the guy behind me was a genious - he incorporate a true surround sound effect by placing one 4" speaker on top of his dash for a center channel. this guy didn't mount his speaker that way the cars interior allowed for more airspace.

5 to 1 dolby digital watch out car audio has caught on

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by ssdrop64@Nov 4 2003, 12:09 PM
I was driving home yesterday when I stopped at a light - the guy behind me was a genious - he incorporate a true surround sound effect by placing one 4" speaker on top of his dash for a center channel. this guy didn't mount his speaker that way the cars interior allowed for more airspace.

5 to 1 dolby digital watch out car audio has caught on
why only 4 inches?

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
shit I got a 12 (Kraco) on my floor board where my console used to be. Shit makes my feet vibrate, and plays fantastic highs!

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla+Nov 7 2003, 02:54 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Foompla @ Nov 7 2003, 02:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Booyaa63@Nov 4 2003, 12:15 PM
he didn't want to overpower the center
from what ive heard, 6 inch speakers generally sound better. Which is why I asked :).

phazeoner- its not new at all[/b][/quote]
No way, you will throw your Center imaging totally off. You will hear everything in the center not how you are supposed to hear, left to right with a slight hint of the center there to focus all the music up front and into the middle.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66+Nov 9 2003, 10:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dirtywhiteboy66 @ Nov 9 2003, 10:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2003, 02:54 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--Booyaa63
@Nov 4 2003, 12:15 PM
he didn't want to overpower the center

from what ive heard, 6 inch speakers generally sound better. Which is why I asked :).

phazeoner- its not new at all
No way, you will throw your Center imaging totally off. You will hear everything in the center not how you are supposed to hear, left to right with a slight hint of the center there to focus all the music up front and into the middle.[/b][/quote]
ok, i understand. thanks for explaining it everybody. tll be a while before I'll have the skill to fabricate my own custom audio system but I'm trying to learn all that I can in the mean time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts