LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

dash swap/color change

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  KurupT 
#1 ·
i need to "dye" a dash...should i use rattle can paint or what...whats the procedure

#2 ·
You can use the can but make sure it's SEM, the key is preping the dash. Clean the dash with some type of thinner, then spray. Try misting the dash ( light coats) I turned a green 75 Grandville dash into a white dash it took about 5 cans of paint then I used about 3 cans of SEM clear coat to protectign it from chipping.

#9 ·
Rubbing alcohol would do just fine.... also rustolem paint works good on dash's. Just mist it on like was said. ;)

#11 ·
Originally posted by trudawg+Jan 18 2004, 10:17 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Jan 18 2004, 10:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KurupT@Jan 18 2004, 05:42 PM
WAL-MIZZART, hardware stores, etc some places have more selection. if you have a TRUE VALUE store they have it too!
so this Krylon "fusion" isn't actually vinyl dye.....its just standard paint??[/b][/quote]
its paint that chemically bonds to plastics.

Last edited by KurupT at Jan 19 2004, 01:42 AM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.