LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
j/w cuz i may get some 14" 100 spoke blvds cuz i can get them at wholesale price, just wondering if its worth it or get some mccleans for like 150 cheaper????

·
Registered
5,109 Posts
i mean if they are priced way below the originals then there is no way they can be AS good. But i think the quality of dayton blvds would be equal to mcleans, california wire, la wire etc.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by FlipFlopBox@Oct 22 2003, 02:54 PM
j/w cuz i may get some 14" 100 spoke blvds cuz i can get them at wholesale price, just wondering if its worth it or get some mccleans for like 150 cheaper????
the difference between regular daytons and blvd''s
is the regular o.g dayton has stainless steel spoke that don't rust
and the blvds have chrome spokes which in time will rust. ;)

·
Registered
29,008 Posts
Originally posted by Pak Man@Oct 22 2003, 11:35 AM
i mean if they are priced way below the originals then there is no way they can be AS good. But i think the quality of dayton blvds would be equal to mcleans, california wire, la wire etc.
cant put mcleans in the same line

·
Registered
3,282 Posts
Originally posted by homeboyz+Oct 22 2003, 02:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (homeboyz @ Oct 22 2003, 02:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Pak Man@Oct 22 2003, 11:35 AM
cant put mcleans in the same line[/b][/quote]
Does that mean you think mcleans are better than dayton blvds?

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
having had both pass thro my hands id have to say theres not much in them but the mcleans do have the edge in quality of the chrome ,so go with mcleans you wont be dissapointed

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
alright thanks guys, yeah im already getting some 20" mcleans, its just i seen how cheap i could get the blvds for brand new and was wondering why, now i know, thanks for your help!!!

·
Registered
6,221 Posts
Originally posted by dayton roller+Oct 24 2003, 11:40 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (dayton roller @ Oct 24 2003, 11:40 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KingChucky@Oct 24 2003, 01:28 PM
I think blvd are stainless. Are mcleans stainless?
no blvd's are not stainless that's why they cost less.
i think that the only difference from regular daytons[/b][/quote]
blvds dont have stainless spokes, and like other cheapies,, they are made out of a much more poor quality of steel, and have a much cheaper quality of chrome.

·
Registered
15,273 Posts
Originally posted by originales+Oct 24 2003, 08:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (originales @ Oct 24 2003, 08:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -dayton [email protected] 24 2003, 11:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--KingChucky
@Oct 24 2003, 01:28 PM
I think blvd are stainless. Are mcleans stainless?

no blvd's are not stainless that's why they cost less.
i think that the only difference from regular daytons
blvds dont have stainless spokes, and like other cheapies,, they are made out of a much more poor quality of steel, and have a much cheaper quality of chrome.[/b][/quote]
im gonna never forgive dayton for comin out with them blvd's :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

K

·
0 Posts
KingChucky Posted on Oct 24 2003, 03:46 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
are you guys talking about this rim

http://www.rims-online.com/product.aspx?id=26 ?

if so it says " Backed by the same quality standards found in every wheel originated out of Dayton "

1 - 20 of 75 Posts