LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How can you tell if you’re looking at real Dayton’s? What are some tell tell signs? I have the 225A stamped in back but what about the “Dayton” logo on the inner hub. I don’t have that. Thank you!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Those are "pre-stamped", meaning they did not have the logo / serial number yet, they started doing that in like 1996 roughly.

They're Dayton's. Dayton had several different stamps over the years, 225A is one of them, and most of the nipples line up (flat sides face the same direction, they should all line up).

There is also sometimes a sticker inside that says Dayton with other info if you remove the tire. Of course this sticker could have been removed etc, I have some wheels where it was damaged / peeled off, and not sure what all years had the sticker, I think I have a couple 90's sets with it though.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Those are "pre-stamped", meaning they did not have the logo / serial number yet, they started doing that in like 1996 roughly.

They're Dayton's. Dayton had several different stamps over the years, 225A is one of them, and most of the nipples line up (flat sides face the same direction, they should all line up).

There is also sometimes a sticker inside that says Dayton with other info if you remove the tire. Of course this sticker could have been removed etc, I have some wheels where it was damaged / peeled off, and not sure what all years had the sticker, I think I have a couple 90's sets with it though.
Thank you for your help ! Really appreciate. You wouldn’t happen to have any 3 wing gold knock offs that I can use with these would you? Or know where to find them?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Thank you for your help ! Really appreciate. You wouldn’t happen to have any 3 wing gold knock offs that I can use with these would you? Or know where to find them?

Check offerup and ebay for the knock offs / spinners, was quite a selection on Offerup last I checked and they have shipping there now, though I have never bought any there. I only have a set of chrome 3 wing Dayton spinners, and a set of China bullets but I still use them all so nothing for sale. Look on craigslist too, can sometimes find hole sets of wheels with spinners / adapters cheap, but less likely though doesn't hurt to look. Of course try various keywords when looking for the stuff, hard to say what keywords sellers will use.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts