LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so now i my starter fixed..then i take my car to this shop i know and ask about this oil leak cuz i was thinkin it was the rear seal..the man takes a look at it and comes back and tells me the leak is from on the inside of the engine where the tranny connects with the engine..he tells me its this metal seal and the only way to fix it is to drop the tranny..so i'm standin there like dayum!! but then he tells me not to worry about it because he said chances are if i replace it it will leak again.he said regals are known for this problem. he said to just keep oil in it and there's nothin to worry about. He said just replace that seal when i replace the motor or trans..so i went to another shop and they told me the same thing along with my friends cuz that is a mechanic...so dayum i'm stuck with drip drip :( anybody ever had this problem?

·
Registered
5,815 Posts
I have had 2 regal's and 3 cutlass and they all leaked :uh: :uh:
But they all ran great :biggrin: :biggrin:
As long as you keep it well maintained you will be ok(I hope) :cool:

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea its been like this for a while..like at least a yr lol..but yea no loss in power or anything like that and yea the guy said the same thing..he said just keep oil in it and it'll be fine.

·
Registered
7,936 Posts
did u ever try using that engine seal additive they sell at oil lubes?????? worked on my car, if the leak is minor it should stop it, i didnt have the same leak but i did have a leak try it out its like 10$ worth a try i guess

mike

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i asked the mechanics about that stuff and they said to stay away from it..they said mostly all that stuff would do is gunk up the inside of my engine..they said to use it only if i planned on sellin the car because it would cause problems later down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts