LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Ive used them. When you get a good one they pump like a mofo, but some of then have this problem where they stop in a certain position and wont kick on. Actually causes an almost dead short so it starts to blow fuses. They are designed to pull about 30 to 40 amps so AIM actually installs a circuit breaker on the ground wire thats self resetting to keep this from happening. Ive installed quite a few, and like I said, when you get a good one they can pump like crazy. Ive taken the ons had my my truck to almost 250 psi. AIM also sells an oiler for it that mists oil into the intake stream to keep the compressor cool. Ive used the oiler on almost all the compressors ive installed, and the one that I didnt has been pumping to 165 psi for well over 4 years with no problems. Its hit or miss like most AIM products. BUYER BEWARE!!!!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Does this end
Try going to the main menu and then to the link

·
Registered
434 Posts
there the same ones fbi is selling they might give you a better warranty on it fbimini.com or call and talk to phil or dan

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
These compressors werent made for constant duty and they get hot quick. My buddys actually caught on fire. Aim is horrible trying to get refunds or to exchange even if its under warranty.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts