LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I don't have a ton of information because I haven't seen the car myself yet, but I figured I might be able to get some preliminary ideas if this happens to make sense to anybody...

It's an 80s El Camino, 305 I guess. The car was running fine. Kid pushes in the lighter over and over, like it's red hot and pops out, he pushes it in again, with me? Then the car stalls and won't start up again. Any idea what this could be? I mean do you think it's a fuse (seems unlikely), or some fried wires in the wiring harness? I'm not sure off the top of my head.

Thanks in advance!
Jeff

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not sure if it's a crank-no-start situation or just a click. I'll have to find out, but I have a feeling that the ignition wire or something in the harness overheated and fried.

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
the primary hot ignition circuit on g bodys is pretty much one wire. so a fried harness/fuse is very possible.

·
TDMMC
10,886 Posts
This might sound dumb but does the cc work,On some G bodys wire 443 behind brake booster chaffes? 442 is lighter. ;)

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by UCE-ORLANDO@Sep 1 2005, 06:29 PM~3736232
This might sound dumb but does the cc work,On some G bodys wire 443 behind brake booster chaffes?        442 is lighter. ;)
Maybe this might sound dumb because it's early, but what is CC?

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If that's seriously what CC means, I should think cruise control isn't working, since the car won't start! I don't think it even has cruise control. It's an El Camino!

·
Registered
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Badass94Cad@Sep 2 2005, 03:10 PM~3740268
If that's seriously what CC means, I should think cruise control isn't working, since the car won't start!  I don't think it even has cruise control.  It's an El Camino!
my car did :biggrin:

·
Registered
308 Posts
On g-body's, all the main interior circuts run off one wire that comes off the hot wire on the starter, there should be a fuseable link along the way somewhere in-between. It's a medium size wire, on the same stud as the main power wire. Good luck!

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by 79 Bonnie@Sep 2 2005, 08:12 PM~3743203
On g-body's, all the main interior circuts run off one wire that comes off the hot wire on the starter, there should be a fuseable link along the way somewhere in-between. It's a medium size wire, on the same stud as the main power wire. Good luck!
Good lookin! :thumbsup:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts