LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know some may be wondering, 'What? Tyrone doesn't know this?'. Yes, my LIL bretheren, I don't know. So, now I want to know. Why do lowrider put these dealership plates (Felix, Massey, etc.) on their cars?

I've thumbed through Lowrider Japan and damn near every car has them. I've even seen them for sale. So, what's the fascination with these plates? When did it start?

I was thinking of placing dealership plates on my '64 Impala when it's done, but I would put plates of a hometown (Champaign, IL) dealership (Sullivan Chevrolet). Would that be "lame" or "faking the funk"?

Anyone know?

·
Registered
24,209 Posts
Originally posted by Tyrone@Jul 26 2005, 04:43 PM
I know some may be wondering, 'What? Tyrone doesn't know this?'. Yes, my LIL bretheren, I don't know. So, now I want to know. Why do lowrider put these dealership plates (Felix, Massey, etc.) on their cars?

I've thumbed through Lowrider Japan and damn near every car has them. I've even seen them for sale. So, what's the fascination with these plates? When did it start?

I was thinking of placing dealership plates on my '64 Impala when it's done, but I would put plates of a hometown (Champaign, IL) dealership (Sullivan Chevrolet). Would that be "lame" or "faking the funk"?

Anyone know?
[snapback]3483524[/snapback]​

I dont do that....jump on the bandwagon.

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Tyrone@Jul 26 2005, 02:43 PM

Anyone know?
[snapback]3483524[/snapback]​
Yes, you answered your own ?? People put their hometown, but it then became a fad. I know the guys from Brown Pride all have Cone Chevrolet from Fullerton,

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by SIXONEFORLIFE@Jul 26 2005, 03:51 PM
I dont do that....jump on the bandwagon.
[snapback]3483606[/snapback]​
I don't want to jump on the "bandwagon" and be labeled a "bandwagoneer" either, but if people do this to represent where there from, then I'll get one to represent where I'm from.

D

·
0 Posts
Felix is also a very old dealership that is downtown LA, and has a unique plate. I wouldn't put a Chevy, Hyundai, Kia plate. Hell I don't even have Felix anymore. got played out, that along with the Impala deer on every panel, headrest, battery, rim on the car :0 :0

·
Paying Dues
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Jul 26 2005, 03:56 PM
Yes, you answered your own ?? People put their hometown, but it then became a fad. I know the guys from Brown Pride all have Cone Chevrolet from Fullerton,
[snapback]3483653[/snapback]​
Thank you Brandon! :thumbsup: So, I'll get plates from the Chevrolet dealer in my hometown.

I didn't want to get the Felix, Massey or Cone Chevrolet like everyone else.

·
Premium Member
64,662 Posts
to symbolize chevy and the fact that your cars like new i guess and felix has been associated with chevy since the 1920's

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by Mr Impala@Jul 26 2005, 03:00 PM
to symbolize chevy and the fact that your cars like new i guess and felix has been associated with chevy since the 1920's
[snapback]3483695[/snapback]​

that too. Looks like it is new. Or you can go with custom plates like I did :biggrin:

Attachments

D

·
0 Posts
I should have got the plates from Carson Toyota when they spelled out CARSON in the old blue and yellow plates :angry:

1 - 20 of 41 Posts