LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone have a pic of what they use? there are alot of diffent styles out there.

thanks for the help

also, whats a good 1/2'' bender? any 1/2 rigid?

G

·
I like this kind the best

but I normally use a countersink bit (82 degree SAE) mounted into a drill chuck. I use the drill chuck as a handle. the end result is the same.

these are cool too, they do the outside and the inside.

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your a world of help TATTOO, i dont care what the rest of layitlow may say about you :biggrin: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
I have never used one, cause if you use the tubing cutter correctly you get a clean cut very smooth

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 27 2006, 05:59 PM~6053785
I have never used one, cause if you use the tubing cutter correctly you get a clean cut very smooth
so I guess all the people who actually do this for a living are wrong to deburr the tube? :uh:

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 04:07 PM~6053803
so I guess all the people who actually do this for a living are wrong to deburr the tube?  :uh:
never said that, but i have never used one, my cuts come out clean wit nothing to deburr :)

if you want, i can send you a example :)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 27 2006, 06:09 PM~6053813
never said that, but i have never used one, my cuts come out clean wit nothing to deburr :)
if you want, i can send you a example :)
are you using a cold cut saw or a wheel cutter? because a wheel cutter is always going to deform the tube slightly. although the flare tool will possibly un-deform it. :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 04:13 PM~6053830
are you using a cold cut saw or a wheel cutter?  because a wheel cutter is always going to deform the tube slightly.  although the flare tool will possibly un-deform it.  :biggrin:
if you dont keep a sharp wheel on your tube cutter, and you snap off the tubing before its completely cut then you will have an unclean cut and will need to deburr

just keep fresh sharp wheels :biggrin:

oh and i'm using a REED Tubbing Cutter part# 03480 it does 1/8 - 1 1/8

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 27 2006, 06:18 PM~6053852
if you dont keep a sharp wheel on your tube cutter, and you snap off the tubing before its completely cut then you will have an unclean cut and will need to deburr
just keep fresh sharp wheels :biggrin:
I know most of Ken's stuff that you help him with is flareless. Have you ever flared a tube that you didnt deburr?

·
Hot Head President
5,431 Posts
I use either the Paker hand deburr tool, which is like the rigid that tattoo posted; or i use the air die grinder with the metal tip, it all depends on what you prefer, i use the air die more cuz its quicker.

As far as benders, i use a hydraulic bender for 1/2" and up..i guess im cheating.. :biggrin: but i also use the imperial and parker, both are good benders, only diferance i like more is that the parker has that flat part on the handle to put into the vice as the imperial doesnt, that part comes in handy when using thicker wall tubing.

And just for kicks i likethe flaring tool with the rollers on the cone, best one in my opinion, other than the hydraulic flaring tool that i prefer.. cheating again.. :cheesy: :biggrin:

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 04:21 PM~6053861
I know most of Ken's stuff that you help him with is flareless.  Have you ever flared a tube that you didnt deburr?
i have never flared a tube, but whats the diffrence if you flare or dont, a clean cut is a clean cut.

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 27 2006, 06:26 PM~6053891
i have never flared a tube, but whats the diffrence if you flare or dont, a clean cut is a clean cut.
flare one once and you'll see what the difference is. ;)

·
Registered
9,524 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 04:27 PM~6053896
flare one once and you'll see what the difference is. ;)
i'll try it :)

oh btw i just finished cutting some tubing thats going to Iowa....very clean cuts ;)

G

·
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 06:07 PM~6053803
so I guess all the people who actually do this for a living are wrong to deburr the tube?  :uh:
the people who I know that do this industrially (for Parker) use a hacksaw, they ALL say DO NOT USE A CUTTING WHEEL TYPE TUBING CUTTER if you are going to flare the end for flared seal fittings. They have a tubing vise that has a channel to put the hacksaw blade into to get perfect 90 degree cuts, I just ordered one of them last week, I have used theirs it makes cutting easy.

They actually teach that in their seminars. ;)

·
Face Puncher
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by texasgold@Aug 27 2006, 06:28 PM~6053905
i'll try it :)

oh btw i just finished cutting some tubing thats going to Iowa....very clean cuts ;)
did you hook the homie up on the pricing? you guys must be getting your shit from mexico or something.. does ken make trips across the boarder to get it in the middle of the night? :biggrin:

·
Registered
12,068 Posts
Originally posted by Tuna_Sammich@Aug 27 2006, 06:37 PM~6053948
did you hook the homie up on the pricing?  you guys must be getting your shit from mexico or something..  does ken make trips across the boarder to get it in the middle of the night?  :biggrin:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts