LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One day I needed to use my defogger. I turn it on it starts running okay, until I get about maybe 4 miles from my pad. I start to see some smoke come out of the inlets inside and then start to smell something bunrt. I stopped and went on with what I needed to do (happened maybe 6 weeks ago but never turned on after that). Today... I needed to use it again. So I turn it on, next thing I know within 2 seconds it starts to smell again. Same thing burnt, and worse off now I have smoke coming from under the hood.

So I get home today and then I park it, lift up the hood. I turn on the truck and then turn on the switch for the defogger up front. The truck turns off! Then I turn it back on and try it once more, I hear some squeeking and then the smoke comes out. It's coming from the A/C compressor clutch wheel. I don't know why this is happening, does anyone know what I can/have to do with it as far as just mainly ficing the problem and getting the defogger to work like normal again.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
your a/c compressor sounds like it locked up, when you use the defogger, the a/c compressor also kicks on. to have the defogger working correctly the a/c system will have to be repaired.

·
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dam, what's more worth it:

- buy one from the yard

- get it fixed somewhere

·
14,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went and unplugged it and the defrost still works, but as someone told me it will work slowly. Thanks man, I'm going t do away with it and put in an EDC. good lookin out though man. :thumbsup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts