LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys

just wanted your opinions if you think designer fabric goes good with old school lowriders like 64's..

i was thinking of going with designer fabric but im under the impression that it suits more later model cars..

i see alot of old school lowriders with velvet, suede, biscuit tuck interiors..

so i just wanted your opinions whether to go with designer fabric or with other material/styles like i mentioned

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,427 Posts
sounds to me like you need to get some taste. I wouldn't do gucci or velvet in my 64 even if the fabric was free. In my opinion a clean stock interior kit is where it's at, but that's not really custom.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Originally posted by sixtyfourchevy@Aug 26 2005, 03:00 AM~3695044
sounds to me like you need to get some taste.   I wouldn't do gucci or velvet in my 64 even if the fabric was free.  In my opinion a clean stock interior kit is where it's at, but that's not really custom.
Stock in old schools is nice but the crushed, swirl, and plain velvet is hella played out. That style needs to split like ass cheeks and ragged pussy lips. I think when I was about 17 like 11 years ago I had crushed velvet and it was on the edge of being played (1994). I really dont see why people keep doing it but to each his own. I think where its at for low lows is the stock style with some suede or some suede LV or gucci. But the LV and gucci is more of a dirty south thing and baller style. You can get like 6 yards of velvet to one yard of regular gucci or LV. So you have to have deep pockets to do big things. The west is starting to come around but its slow. I think even in the west they are starting to raise cars and do big wheels.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
i like a stock themed look but with changes here and there....nothing drastic just improvements....say you diamond pleat the plate on a 64 bucket seat keep stock measurements and use higher quality materials.

if you want to spend big bucks doing your interior throw some mohair in it.... thats probably the most expensive material you can touch

·
Registered
783 Posts
if your goin for the douwn south 4x4 style then go for it

·
Registered
6,507 Posts
:thumbsup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts