LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a devilbiss gti was wondering what size tip are u guys using. for base and clear. im going to try it out sunday on a 70 amx

·
Registered
21,472 Posts
i think it was ''6dueced'' that talked me into buyin a devilbiss gun,,,,and i love it,,,,,flows real nice,,i think mine has a 1.4 tip,,i use it for base,clear,and kandy..until i can get another gun,,just for clear...lol :biggrin:

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by wired62@Nov 5 2007, 09:12 PM~9163812
i think it was ''6dueced'' that talked me into buyin a devilbiss gun,,,,and i love it,,,,,flows real nice,,i think mine has a 1.4 tip,,i use it for base,clear,and kandy..until i can get another gun,,just for clear...lol :biggrin:
i remember that!! glad you like it, you got the gti right?? grab a plus for clear and you'll be laying it down like glass!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
this shit is crazy okay i bought that gti gun and sunday sprayed with it . i dont know what happened but when i sprayed the pait came out thin it layed nice but it was almost like i had 2 much reducer in it so i added some more paint alitte better but not good as soon as i sprayed it it started to sag it was almost like i sprayed water so i swicthed guns to my old proteck 4000 with the same tip and it shot perfect how the hell can a gun do this. also the gun came with a regualtor and in order for me to get a steddy 20psi i had to to have the regulator at the tank at like 70psi i never had to spray with that much are i was using a 3/8 hose 20' long. i tryed adjusting air with out the regulator and i got it to spray better but that was 10 psi at the tank witch dont make no dam since. can some one tell me how they set up ther regulator on that gun how much at the tank how much at the regulator when the gun is spraying. thanks

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
is your old gun HVLP??? cause the GTI is, meaning high volume low pressure, its best to use 1/2" hose for hvlp, but i use 3/8 at my home shop with no problems,

at work i have 1/2" with all hvlp connectors, my spray hose is 20ft, with a regulator at the base at 40ish psi i think, i spray with the gauge/regulator on the gun reading 20psi

at home shop, everything is 3/8, i have no regulator, 60 gallon tank, then 50ft hose, in to 40 gallon tank, another 50ft, in to my filtration station, then i have a 30 ft hose, the gauge/regulator on my gun is at 15 psi, and sprays just like it does at work.

remember hvlp guns have a higher efficiency rate, meaning they put more product on the substrate than in the air, its like 60-40, with conventionals its like 40-60.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Nov 5 2007, 10:39 PM~9164561
is your old gun HVLP??? cause the GTI is, meaning high volume low pressure, its best to use 1/2" hose for hvlp, but i use 3/8 at my home shop with no problems,

at work i have 1/2" with all hvlp connectors, my spray hose is 20ft, with a regulator at the base at 40ish psi i think, i spray with the gauge/regulator on the gun reading 20psi

at home shop, everything is 3/8, i have no regulator, 60 gallon tank, then 50ft hose, in to 40 gallon tank, another 50ft, in to my filtration station, then i have a 30 ft hose, the gauge/regulator on my gun is at 15 psi, and sprays just like it does at work.

remember hvlp guns have a higher efficiency rate, meaning they put more product on the substrate than in the air, its like 60-40, with conventionals its like 40-60.

hey 6deuced, i have a GTI i got the 3/8 50ft hose with the big hvlp fittings on the end. i have it hooked to my regulator on my compressor, what would you set it at, the regulator?
if you are spraying two stage metallic what tip would you use for metallic?

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by socal@Nov 6 2007, 06:57 PM~9170974
hey 6deuced, i have a GTI i got the 3/8 50ft hose with the big hvlp fittings on the end. i have it hooked to my regulator on my compressor, what would you set it at, the regulator?
if you are spraying two stage metallic what tip would you use for metallic?
i would set the regulator between 40-60 psi, then set your gauge at your gun at 20 psi, check and see if there is any pressure drop, if there is, make the adjustments as needed(most likely would have to lower the pressure on the reg on the tank) when your gun sprays at 20 psi at the gauge, and you can pull the trigger off and on, and the pressure doesn't fluctuate your good! remember 23psi at the gauge is 10 psi at the cap.

i use 1.3 tip in my gti for ALL solvent based basecoats, for waterborne basecoats i use 1.4 tip.

·
Registered
178 Posts
I USE 1.4 FOR SEALER AND BASE 1.3 FOR THE CLEAR

1 - 20 of 22 Posts