LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got one a while back and shot Xtreme, BC/CC, SS. And I cant find the right tip or maybe PSI? Orange Peel every time. I use Sata, or Warwick and get smooth as fuck. At this point I'm good with using the other two but im taking this shit as a personal vandetta. The thing is candys and BC are fucken great. Im using 1.4 at 35-40-45-50-55. Im not too sure what else to do

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Its pretty damn amazing that you got xtreme to lay flat. I've layed it out like glass and the next day its orange peeled.

·
Registered
2 Posts
try switching to a 1.2 tip, play with air from 35-45psi. and use a extra splash of slow reducer.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Nov 11 2007, 12:15 AM~9201625
Its pretty damn amazing that you got xtreme to lay flat. I've layed it out like glass and the next day its orange peeled.
I actually shot pro spray with the Devilbiss on my brothers magnum. We were gonna buff but after cutting a few days later we decided to throw 4 coats of Xtreme and it layed down like glass

·
Registered
96 Posts
Paint guns are like women brother.. Some like chicks with a big ass, some like little asses ( cant figure that one though).. Same with blondes, redheads etc.. Its all about preference..
Personally I dont like Devil guns.. I dont like Sharpe either.. But I have sharpe that will lay down base perfect.. regardless of the base.. I know alot of guys use different guns for base and clear.. I used to do that, but have recently just used one gun most of the time..

I know many people like the GFG 670 for clear.. Heard nothing but good things about that gun.. You can also convert a GTI to a GFG with a tip set kit.. about $100

Iwata, Sata, Geo

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
you still haven't said what gun you got, but heres a little tip for ya.....

if its an HVLP, probably a GTI, you should be spraying at or around 10 psi AT THE CAP, that is 23 psi ON THE GAUGE, i usually use my gti at around 20 psi at the gauge

if its a PLUS gun, which i LOVE for clear and SS, you want the gauge at 30 psi sharp, i lay down all kinds of clear, from thinner chromaclear 7900s to super thick high solids low VOC's, sikkens autoclear hs+ like glass, the thicker the paint gets the closer to the panel you want to be(4" or so), just make sure to go fast as well, for thinner paints, i find its better to be a little further back(7" or so), and a little slower.

also i dont fuck around with over reducing shit, that will tend to increase die back, and most definately lessens gloss.

and i love devilbus guns, wont use anything else, and i especially dislike satas, they feel like shit, iwata's would be the gun i would use if it wasn't a devilbus.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by Hoss805@Nov 11 2007, 10:48 PM~9207824
devilbiss are good
but put up a poll for the pro's and guarantee you over 80% use Sata
thats all i use
plus you cant find a better primer gun than a sata
no doubt, thats all there good for!!!!LMAO

its all personal preference :cool:

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
The Devilbiss 1.0mm touch up gun I was trying to use last week wouldn't shoot an even fan. The top and bottom of the fan were heavier than the center.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by DuezPaid@Nov 11 2007, 10:53 PM~9207857
The Devilbiss 1.0mm touch up gun I was trying to use last week wouldn't shoot an even fan. The top and bottom of the fan were heavier than the center.
maybe try closing the fan adjust a little?? :dunno: those guns are all useless anyways, the only thing there good for IMO is graphics or shading things like that cause with a 1.0 tip your limited to touching up solid colors only, the metallics will be way brighter through that fine of tip.

·
Registered
5,046 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
I like sata and devilbiss but for different things. now I use a plus @35-40 psi depending on solid content and my sata stays @ 29 for base. But if you need a gti look at my posts I got one for sale.

·
Registered
16,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by 6Deuced@Nov 12 2007, 11:10 AM~9209786
thats a fuckin primer gun dog, i have the same one, i use it with 1.8 tip for primer, it lays primer like glass though, lol

get yourself a GTI, or a PLUS if you want to see what devilbus can do.
Really? Fucker definatly didnt cost like a primer gun :( It lays Candys and Bases great I'm just gonna keep trying till I get ONE good clear to get it out of my system then fuckers getting demoted to Base and Candys only lol

·
Registered
5,046 Posts
Originally posted by Dr Caqui@Nov 12 2007, 07:00 PM~9213758
Really?  Fucker definatly didnt cost like a primer gun  :(  It lays Candys and Bases great I'm just gonna keep trying till I get ONE good clear to get it out of my system then fuckers getting demoted to Base and Candys only lol
my flg3 primer gun cost me 200 bucks, but its worth it, its a primer gun that will last forever, not like those cheapos that get thrown away every month, cause i use that fucker multiple times every day. honestly i wouldn't even bother using it for candy or clear, get yourself a GTI for base, and PLUS for clear, thats the shit.

i got the flg3 for primer, 3 gtis, 1 metallic base, 1 solid base, 1 sealer, then i got my PLUS for clear, its the ultimate setup IMO.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts