LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay. I doubt anyone wants to teach me step by step how to do those "hydraulic" model cars. and probably doesnt wanna give up the secrets to it that they have figured out. But I just got a sweet, 1/24 Black '64 die-cast, and I figured it would probably react more realistically then the light-weight plastic models. So it would be much appreciated if someone could throw up a rough diagram of how these string and motor systems work (cause I dont get it at all) and what kind of axles are needed between the rims.

Thanx guys.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "search" is disabled, however, i just read the link post by Mad Modeler, and am wondering if the "hoppin' Hydros" prebuilt chassis are anygood (with the motors n everything all rewady to go). Im not even a remotly experiance modeler, but I think the stuff you guys are doing is just to cool to pass up.

Anybody tried the hoppin hydros ready to go chassis???

·
Registered
744 Posts
YO bagged

you can try the HH chassis but its still too heavy to lift it does the drop well done.. only the lift...

it break your lines a lot.. so..my tips are...

when you really equipped with the right tools lioke dremels and other sanding and welding apperatis it would help a lot..

cause what you really do is to thin out the metal or thin out your body...

and try to find a gearmotors...

good luck

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
i've had some luck using the big johnson motors from Hoppin Hydros for hopping a diecast. and it hasn't broken a string yet. Here are a couple diagrams i've made in the past that could prove to be useful to you.

This is known as a T-slider. it's a very common setup for dancing.

Here is a simple motor/string setup. keep in mind if you have the string only touch the chassis in one spot, it won't wear through as often.

btw, you can have a plastic model hop very realisticly. it's more about the weight distribution paired with the proper motors. If you have a smaller motor with some weight in the back, you can get a nice,slow, smooth hop.

My advice would be to buy the Hoppin' Hydro chassis, and an amt 64 or 63 kit. Just to see how things work. Then you can modify it to work on your diecast, or just build your own.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for all the advice guys. Im getting pretty excited about this. I've always liked models, Ive just never had the patientie to build something that when im finished will do nothing beside looking good (if i was lucky) But maybe knowing itll move n shit i can get thru one. Thanks again guys!!!!

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
no problem homie. a lot of ppl just tell ya fuck you and to go find it yourself, but sometimes they don't realize that the reason you come here is to find out, and this should be the last stop on your search. Most everyone knows the answer but doesn't want to help out. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to pm me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Originally posted by 1ofaknd@Dec 20 2003, 09:10 PM
no problem homie. a lot of ppl just tell ya fuck you and to go find it yourself, but sometimes they don't realize that the reason you come here is to find out, and this should be the last stop on your search. Most everyone knows the answer but doesn't want to help out. If you ever have any more questions, feel free to pm me. :biggrin:
it's nice having stuff like that diagram on hand to throw up. I hate having to search stuff for other people, but when I know I got something handy, it's not a big deal.

K. Diaz

·
Premium Member
21,387 Posts
Originally posted by BigPoppa+Dec 21 2003, 12:33 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigPoppa @ Dec 21 2003, 12:33 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--1ofaknd@Dec 20 2003, 09:10 PM
it's nice having stuff like that diagram on hand to throw up. I hate having to search stuff for other people, but when I know I got something handy, it's not a big deal.

K. Diaz[/b][/quote]
I just don't like to see ppl who come to this forum looking for answers to get replies like "go find it yourself" and shit. This forum should be the first, and last place they have to look. yea, sometimes the foil and flocking type of questions do get old, but how is this hobby going to grow if nobody teaches anybody anything??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts