LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the differece besides obviously the tonnage.The comp and street part :dunno:

·
Registered
217 Posts
The competition springs are built better, and will hold up better under stress. However, if you don't plan on hopping or doing anything outrageous in your car go with the street.

Holla

:cool:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by KTownSwangin@Dec 30 2003, 07:33 AM
Whats the differece besides obviously the tonnage.The comp and street part :dunno:
NONE. spring steel is spring steel and the tonage tells you how much they put up for.

no matter what they call them if they are both fullstacks they are the same.

·
KTownSwangin
8,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 30 2003, 02:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 30 2003, 02:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KTownSwangin@Dec 30 2003, 07:33 AM
NONE. spring steel is spring steel and the tonage tells you how much they put up for.

no matter what they call them if they are both fullstacks they are the same.[/b][/quote]
Thanks homie,didnt think thier was a difference beside the names,just needed to make sure before I order. :cool:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by 4UHater$@Dec 30 2003, 01:37 AM
The competition springs are built better, and will hold up better under stress. However, if you don't plan on hopping or doing anything outrageous in your car go with the street.

Holla

:uh:

i got a dollar bill,
and 4 quarters...which is worth more?

·
True-S Mike
251 Posts
Originally posted by lone star+Dec 30 2003, 02:13 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lone star @ Dec 30 2003, 02:13 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--4UHater$@Dec 30 2003, 01:37 AM
The competition springs are built better, and will hold up better under stress.  However, if you don't plan on hopping or doing anything outrageous in your car go with the street.

Holla

:uh:

i got a dollar bill,
and 4 quarters...which is worth more?[/b][/quote]
to a child the 4 quarters would be worth more. 4 is more then 1 :uh: :) :cheesy: :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 30 2003, 03:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 30 2003, 03:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--KTownSwangin@Dec 30 2003, 07:33 AM

no matter what they call them if they are both fullstacks they are the same.[/b][/quote]
any idea as to why the 4 tons would cost $40 more than the 4 1/2 tons?

·
Registered
265 Posts
there is a diff. its the bound and rebound of the spring
i have a 3 ton real comp spring (like $300 dollar real)and when u just drop it from 3 foot off the ground it bounces like 5 foot
did it to a 3 1/2 it only got like 2 feet
so yes there is a diff...

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Dec 30 2003, 10:16 PM
i have a 3 ton real comp spring (like $300 dollar real)and when u just drop it from 3 foot off the ground it bounces like 5 foot
spring bounces 60 inches huh......

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Dec 30 2003, 10:16 PM
thats a dangerous way to test a theory... my luck it would bounce back and smack me in the face

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Dec 31 2003, 06:16 AM
do you really think that's how you findout how much rebound the springs has??? -throwing them into the ground... LOL!
-i mean do you REALLY think that??? :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

i've read alot of funny stuff on here but this one takes the price!!!
"throwing them into the ground" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

but seriously, spring rebound comes from 2 things:
how fast the wraps rise and how thick the springsteel is...
that allso makes up how many tons they are.

Last edited by badass 64 at Dec 31 2003, 01:37 PM

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
ever thrown a stock spring into the ground and see how high it rebound? guess it would get even higher than the 3tons, does this mean i can get more inches on stock springs???? LOL j/k ;) :biggrin:

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 31 2003, 04:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 31 2003, 04:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SLAMinIT@Dec 31 2003, 06:16 AM
do you really think that's how you findout how much rebound the springs has??? -throwing them into the ground... LOL!

"throwing them into the ground" :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

that allso makes up how many tons they are.[/b][/quote]
nice explaination nicke! lol

what up bro how you doing?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Dec 31 2003, 04:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Dec 31 2003, 04:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--SLAMinIT@Dec 31 2003, 06:16 AM

that allso makes up how many tons they are.[/b][/quote]
I wasnt sayin thats how to find out how much rebound it has i was just useing it as an example
and u didnt have to be a dick about it man

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by Equipped Customs@Jan 1 2004, 11:34 PM

im doing :thumbsup: thanx, hope everythings good with you over there homie!

O

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by badass 64+Jan 3 2004, 05:08 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (badass 64 @ Jan 3 2004, 05:08 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Equipped Customs@Jan 1 2004, 11:34 PM

im doing :thumbsup: thanx, hope everythings good with you over there homie![/b][/quote]
im doing good, been real busy trying to finish up on that frame! :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Originally posted by SLAMinIT@Dec 30 2003, 09:16 PM
Had to bring this to the top. Especially with this reply :uh: LOL

1 - 20 of 22 Posts