LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there major differences between having 6 batteries as opposed to 8 batteries?
i was thinking of getting just 6 but is it worth getting an extra 2 or just stick with 6?

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
24 Volts, is the difference. Depends on what you want to do. If you are just cruising everyday, hitting switches, chasing bitches, then 6 batteries, even 4 batteries would be okay. If you want to swang, and get some inches, then 8 batteries would be better. 6 Batteries=72 volts, 8 Batteries=96 Volts. Or you can parrellel 8 batteries to give you 48 volts to your pumps, but extend the juice in your batteries, so you do not have to re-charge as much. There is a whole lot more, but that is the basics.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
i have 6 but want 8-10. it's cool for cruizn like chevys4lfe said but swangin 6 just don't hold up to the power of 8.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Originally posted by dirtywhiteboy66@Sep 8 2005, 06:42 AM~3775143
24 Volts, is the difference.  Depends on what you want to do.  If you are just cruising everyday, hitting switches, chasing bitches, then 6 batteries, even 4 batteries would be okay.  If you want to swang, and get some inches, then 8 batteries would be better.  6 Batteries=72 volts, 8 Batteries=96 Volts.  Or you can parrellel 8 batteries to give you 48 volts to your pumps, but extend the juice in your batteries, so you do not have to re-charge as much.  There is a whole lot more, but that is the basics.
couldnt have said it better my self :cool:

·
Registered
9,196 Posts
JUST GET 8 BATTERIES N BRIDGE 8 BATTERIES TO EACH PUMP SO IF U GET 2 PUMPS RUN 8 BATT. TO THE FRONT PUMP N TO THE BACK PUMP...THATS SOME GOOD JUICE THERE.!!!!!

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
i say answer 1)24 volts :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by caranto@Sep 9 2005, 01:19 PM~3783163
i say answer 1)24 volts :biggrin:
I say 12V at least thats what it would be in my car :biggrin:

thats the way I wire 'em anyway

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
Layitlow quote
There's no room for fuel efficiency and gas mileage here -- It's all about loading the trunk with 500 lbs. of batteries and making that 350 work!

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
layitlow quote
There's no room for fuel efficiency and gas mileage here -- It's all about loading the trunk with 500 lbs. of batteries and making that 350 work!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts