LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i drained my diff fluid.. put a gasket on and bolted it up... then tried to take off the plug to put new fluid in but the damn thing wont budge then the plug gets all fucked up.... so i started putting fluid were the diff vents out.. so back to my question how much fluid goes in a 7.5 differential.... oh yeah.. i've already put to 2 quarts in that bad boy
 

·
TDMMC
Joined
·
10,886 Posts
Originally posted by mike cadillac@Sep 23 2005, 05:19 PM~3874142
so i drained my diff fluid.. put a gasket on and bolted it up... then tried to take off the plug to put new fluid in but the damn thing wont budge then the plug gets all fucked up.... so i started putting fluid were the diff vents out.. so back to my question how much fluid goes in a 7.5 differential.... oh yeah.. i've already put to 2 quarts in that bad boy
Fill it until you can put your finger in and feel the oil.Pinky finger works good. ;) Their are baffles in there that will throw the fluid around. ;)
 

·
~JUNGLE LOVE~
Joined
·
5,791 Posts
Originally posted by UCE-ORLANDO@Sep 23 2005, 07:14 PM~3874782
Fill it until you can put your finger in and feel the oil.Pinky finger works good. ;) Their are baffles in there that will throw the fluid around. ;)
exactly. I taught you well :cool:
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
16,068 Posts
i think it's 2 1/8 quarts actually. Next time, just remove the fill plug first. Fluid level is supposed to be right up to the fill hole, so when it starts running out...its full
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
what hes saying is that he fucked up the fil plug. he was gonna fill it up through the vent hole :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Sep 25 2005, 04:06 PM~3881701
what hes saying is that he fucked up the fil plug.  he was gonna fill it up through the vent hole :(
Yeah, I noticed nobody read that he fucked up the plug.

You can get the plug out, its not really that bad, we used to do it at Jiffy Lube. There's something we used to call a "diff plug extractor" its basically a square that slowly goes to a smaller size just big enough to fit inside a rounded plug. You hammer the tool in and turn with a wrench. If it bites, it will turn the plug. If not, you may have to drill it out. I've done that before too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 26 2005, 09:13 AM~3884957
Yeah, I noticed nobody read that he fucked up the plug.

You can get the plug out, its not really that bad, we used to do it at Jiffy Lube. There's something we used to call a "diff plug extractor" its basically a square that slowly goes to a smaller size just big enough to fit inside a rounded plug. You hammer the tool in and turn with a wrench. If it bites, it will turn the plug. If not, you may have to drill it out. I've done that before too.
you must be kidding. thats what 12 point sockets are for :biggrin:
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by Foompla@Sep 26 2005, 08:12 AM~3885072
you must be kidding.  thats what 12 point sockets are for :biggrin:

I'd like to see you stick a 12pt socket in a 3/8 rachet plug ;)


haven't changed much diff fluid huh? :biggrin:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,195 Posts
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 26 2005, 10:23 AM~3885139
I'd like to see you stick a 12pt socket in a 3/8 rachet plug ;)
haven't changed much diff fluid huh? :biggrin:
just on toyotas. only once on my chevy :( :cheesy:

:twak: <me
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by Joe5pt0@Sep 26 2005, 06:13 AM~3884957
Yeah, I noticed nobody read that he fucked up the plug.

You can get the plug out, its not really that bad, we used to do it at Jiffy Lube. There's something we used to call a "diff plug extractor" its basically a square that slowly goes to a smaller size just big enough to fit inside a rounded plug. You hammer the tool in and turn with a wrench. If it bites, it will turn the plug. If not, you may have to drill it out. I've done that before too.
where can i get one those diff plug extractors... any parts store or do i have to order it
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top