LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a gauge pod for my car, and I was looking to see if there was a digital amperage gauge that I could put in the pod...........hook it up to my batteries to see when they are getting low..........any ideas??

D

·
0 Posts
go to streetcharger.com they have them there, and also they have switchboxes w/ built in meters

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Originally posted by bumpn_gt@Oct 9 2003, 10:46 AM
I just bought a gauge pod for my car, and I was looking to see if there was a digital amperage gauge that I could put in the pod...........hook it up to my batteries to see when they are getting low..........any ideas??
If you are thinking a digital VOLTAGE gauge, then yes, you could use one to monitor overall voltage (I.e. 5 batts at 60V) or 5 seperate 12V gauges (to monitor each battery) but that would take up too much space and be ugly.

But, to answer your question about an Amperage gauge, the answer is no.

---Mainly because you need current to flow in order to monitor it. Current only flows when you are hitting the switch so the only time you'd see a current on a meter is when you HOLD the switch down. ALSO, if you HIT the switch like you are suppose to, there is a natural current spike that will peak the reading out and you'd miss it depending on the refresh rate of the digital screen.

Basically, I"m sure you meant Voltmeter and the answer is yes :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts