LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wassup out dea,maybe someone has had this happen to them. Went to go start up da ride the other day. Did the norm to start it,turn key and nothing on the digital cluster came on. Was checking fuses but haven't seen anythang blown. Is there any relays for the cluster. If the digital dash is bad, is there any spot that can fix it. Dont want to put another one from a junk yard that might have a gang of miles on the odometer.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:cool: Thanx for tha info

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
Originally posted by Hawaiian Built@Mar 14 2010, 10:44 AM~16885731
:cool: Thanx for tha info
I can sell you one Cheap :biggrin: LMK

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
since this is digital, i thought that the mileage stayed in the computer of the car so no matter what dash you use it would always show the mileage on YOUR car and not whats on the used dash......i might be wrong

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by cleAn85@May 20 2010, 11:15 PM~17556732
since this is digital, i thought that the mileage stayed in the computer of the car so no matter what dash you use it would always show the mileage on YOUR car and not whats on the used dash......i might be wrong

there's a module in the digital display cluster for the odometer. that's where the mileage is stored, not the ecm

·
Registered
159 Posts
Originally posted by Hawaiian Built@Mar 12 2010, 11:11 PM~16875436
Wassup out dea,maybe someone has had this happen to them. Went to go start up da ride the other day. Did the norm to start it,turn key and nothing on the digital cluster came on. Was checking fuses but haven't seen anythang blown. Is there any relays for the cluster. If the digital dash is bad, is there any spot that can fix it. Dont want to put another one from a junk yard that might have a gang of miles on the odometer.

I had a 95 Deville with the same problem. It was just a loose connection behind the display. Hope yours is that simple :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
when i bought my 95 caprice it was out, i took the lens and digital screen out, cleaned the backside of it and tweaked the contacts it rests against towards it for a better connection, put it together and it worked forever after. it doesnt actually plug in, when you screw the screen down it simply pushes against the metal contacts, years of potholes etc create a small gap and let dust in breaking the connection.

of course it could be fried and need rebuilding but trying to do this repair will just cost you a little time.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts