LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sup guys, i was woundering how do you take apart wires. i have a set of old boltons that i wanna take apart, flip the center part around then put em back together so they will be reversed. any ifo or tips would be much appriecated (sp) :cool:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
You can take them apart, but there is NO WAY IN HELL you're gonna get 'em back together correctly. Just getting the lace pattern back together correctly is gonna be damn near impossible. Then having the wheel trued... You're gonna spend more money sending a set of bolt-ons out to be trued than if you were to just get a set of new wheels... AND A CAR. Just go ahead and chalk this one up to IMPOSSIBLE, sell your B/Os, and get some reversed K/Os.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea thats what i thought, i've taken apart bicycle wheels beofre and they were a bitch to put back together, and their not supporting a car at high speeds. thanx anyways tho

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Originally posted by old_school_48@Oct 30 2003, 07:21 PM
sup guys, i was woundering how do you take apart wires. i have a set of old boltons that i wanna take apart, flip the center part around then put em back together so they will be reversed. any ifo or tips would be much appriecated (sp) :cool:
not only is that stupid, but everyone is right, wires only run like 3 bills, and you'd spend more time and money on your junks.

Just look into some new k/o's, you'll thank us later

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
i always THOUGHT,,,this wouldnt be that hard,,i was acually gonna make topic like this,,,,,why would it be so hard or expensive,,,,when there made so quickly and cheap in china,,i know china wheels arent trued as daytons,,,but there good enough to ride on for a year or two
i was gonna ask homeboyz, cause i always THOUGHT,,he helped disassemble and assemble his wheels, when powdercoating

so,,HOMEBOYZ ,,if u see this, could u shead some light on it

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
ya hes sayin he wants to turn his standard bolt ons into reverse bolt ons, it wont happen, just buy a brand new set of rev boltons for like $200 brand new

·
Registered
6,787 Posts
bump,,,i wanna know if anyone has any info on this

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I thought I shed light on it before but I'll reiterate...The amount of time you spend in getting the lace pattern back together would be the first thing to make it "not worth it." Then the other problem would be getting the wheels trued. You mentioned China wheels before. YES, China wheels are true. If a wheel isn't true, the Dept. of Transportation wouldn't allow them on passenger cars over here. The reason they're cheap is because of the quality of the materials and the fact that they're mass produced.
Sure you can (eventually) get the wheels back together yourself, but you're going to spend more money getting them trued than if you were to get a new set. And in the end, nothing against bolt-ons, but you're gonna be spending probaby as much money as you would in getting a set of reversed knock-offs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts