LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
We made the platform and barricates ourselves upholstery cost $800.

·
Registered
21,066 Posts
Originally posted by Bigtyme@Sep 18 2005, 05:58 PM~3839231
We made the platform and barricates ourselves upholstery cost $800.
damn

·
Registered
624 Posts
Originally posted by LOWRIDERTRIKE81@Sep 18 2005, 07:00 PM~3839254
damn
yeah it was expensive but we had no other choice at that time

·
Registered
624 Posts
It's a big display 4x4x1 platform, 1-1/2x3 barriacte boxes. 3" biscuits,triangle stitched pleats and alot of buttons. From what I've been told we didn't overpay that much only by maybe $200

·
Registered
320 Posts
Anyone else thing displays are the gayest aspect of customizing? I mean, who the fuck cares? A little background doesn't hurt, but I think it should really add to the look of the bike. A lot of the displays that I see are just don't because they feel they need one. Its part of the politics of winning, not because these bikes actually look hotter spinning around on an embroidered pillow.

·
Registered
48,347 Posts
Originally posted by Sarcastik@Sep 18 2005, 05:58 PM~3839706
Anyone else thing displays are the gayest aspect of customizing? I mean, who the fuck cares? A little background doesn't hurt, but I think it should really add to the look of the bike. A lot of the displays that I see are just don't because they feel they need one. Its part of the politics of winning, not because these bikes actually look hotter spinning around on an embroidered pillow.
Its all about presentation, but some people go over board.

·
Registered
624 Posts
you don't have to have a display but then at the same time do not complain because you lost to a bike with a good display. price should not be an issue liitle or alot it depends on what the bike owner wants. Look at Noe's display looks very nice and it didn't cost him that much.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
THE TYPE OF DISPLAY THAT YOU BUILD DEPENDS ON IF YOU ARE TRYING TO WIN OR IF YOU JUST WANT TO SHOW YOUR BIKE. IT ALSO DEPENDS ON WHAT THE OTHER BIKES IN YOUR CLASS HAVE.

WE ALWAYS TAKE THE CHANCE TO MAX OUT ON DISPLAY POINTS. BUT THAT IS US. NOT EVERYONE WILL SPEND CLOSE TO 2GS ON A DISPLAY. WE COMPETE AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL SO WE TRY TO GET EACH AND EVERY POINT WE CAN GET.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts