LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ever registered a car thats been sitting for years.Did they wave the past do fee's I just got a 69 impala The plates havent been paid since 92 and there charging me 450 bucks Im in cali Help Thanks.....

·
SANFRANCISCAN
4,511 Posts
Originally posted by sharky666@Feb 11 2010, 04:54 PM~16585915
Any ever registered a car thats been sitting for years.Did they wave the past do fee's I just got a 69 impala The plates havent been paid since 92 and there charging me 450 bucks Im in cali Help Thanks.....

after 10 years it should be out the system....

dont know why they charging you so much....

maybe it was registered to a sooner date u dont know about???

hope it helps i ve registered cars that were out of systems since 95 and i only payed 80bucks

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by sharky666@Feb 11 2010, 03:54 PM~16585915
the fee your paying also is from what you reported you payed for the car,,its like 10 percent or more

·
Registered
11,419 Posts
Originally posted by sharky666@Feb 11 2010, 04:54 PM~16585915
just pay da monies u caint beat da system;;

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by sharky666@Feb 11 2010, 09:43 PM~16589626
I said it was a gift and wanted to know that where the fee's and thats what they came up with...
JUST SAY YOU PAYED 500.00
if you say its a gift they charge for what they think the value is

·
Registered
4,674 Posts
I had to pay $460 for my monte carlo it sat for over 10 years. its pentaly's accrued from not being registered. Sucks but if you want it legit you gots ta pay the fees.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Why would you let the registration expire when all you had to do was file a certificate of planned non-operation.......... preferably before or immediately soon after use of the vehicle ceased, to avoid paying the CA state, County and local City fees, penalties and new 2009/2010 surcharges, etc.......
Is that what the DMV reg. letter charged you or is that what a "private auto registration/insurance" place quoted you.........!!!!!!!!!??????

The reason I ask is because the DMV letter told me $64 for coming off of "non-operational" staus due this month and before I mailed it in to Sacramento, I inquired the mustangs reg. fee at a cash checking place that is authorized to distribute tags(I showed them my DMV paper)and THAT dude tried to tell me that the fee was actually $465 because of some supposed fees and penalties BUT refused to show me the printout from the DMV after I told him he was dead wrong !!!!!!

So I snail mailed it in and on 4 weeks to the day(last weekend) my 2011 tags arrived in the mail after paying as they instructed me-$64.00 !!!!!!!

On the DMV website is a fee calculator you can use to get their estimate of cost !!!!!!!

BELIEVE YOU AND ME GOING NON-OP IS THE ONLY WAY NOT TO PAY EXTRA DOWN THE ROAD !!!!!!

MS

1 - 12 of 12 Posts