LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Your coupe has a weak 7.5" ring gear rear end. The 94-96 Impala SS and Caprice 9C1 (police) got the strong 8.5" rear with disc brakes. Those parts won't fit your rear, but you CAN swap the whole rear end in. Full size Cadillacs (Fleetwood Brougham only) got disc brakes on the rear in 77-79 only, but that was another completely different rear end.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Mar 25 2010, 04:23 PM~16999363
Your coupe has a weak 7.5" ring gear rear end.  The 94-96 Impala SS and Caprice 9C1 (police) got the strong 8.5" rear with disc brakes.  Those parts won't fit your rear, but you CAN swap the whole rear end in.  Full size Cadillacs  (Fleetwood Brougham only) got disc brakes on the rear in 77-79 only, but that was another completely different rear end.
Oh that's right, I remember hearing that now, i was gonna use a 90 fleetwood rolling chassis, do those still have the 7.5? My other option im considering is running a ford 9 inch, but then i gotta do a bunch of fab work, and get it shortened, so it would be nice to find more of a bolt in application.

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
Originally posted by jayoldschool@Mar 25 2010, 04:23 PM~16999363
Your coupe has a weak 7.5" ring gear rear end.  The 94-96 Impala SS and Caprice 9C1 (police) got the strong 8.5" rear with disc brakes.  Those parts won't fit your rear, but you CAN swap the whole rear end in.  Full size Cadillacs  (Fleetwood Brougham only) got disc brakes on the rear in 77-79 only, but that was another completely different rear end.
That sums it up! :cheesy:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.