LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if a grille off a '73 Impala will fit a '73 Caprice convertible? And does the Impala fender trim fit the Caprice?

Thanks.

Stedanko.

·
Registered
71 Posts
yep the grille will fit. the only difference between the two are the way the bars are laid out in the grille. the caprice has more of a vertical look, and the impala is more of a mesh look. as for the fender trim, which ones are you asking about??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks man. I've got a '73 Caprice and I've been having trouble tracking down body trim. I thought if I could use an Impala grille then it would help. I've seen a couple of Caprice grilles come up on Ebay lately so that's good.

The fender trim is the silver trim that runs along the edge of the front fender. The picture is for the left side which is fine. The right side is all chewed up. A guy tried to put it on a trailer and messed it up. If the Impala fender is the same as the caprice then I should be in good shape?

If you don't mind another question: can stripped knock-off wheels be repaired or do I need to replace them? I think the guy didn't tighten them often enough and they stripped out. I've search for this answer and I can't find info. I'd think this would happen a lot since I see a lot of warnings to make sure you tighten them up.

Thanks a lot.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts