LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just as the title states, if anybody know anything about this, let me know. I'm trying to make both fiberglass and carbon fiber pieces, and I've been told the process is similar, but I haven't found exact procedures and a materials list. If anyone can help me, let me know. thanks

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by scoobydrivin219@Aug 28 2005, 01:45 PM~3708167
Just as the title states, if anybody know anything about this, let me know. I'm trying to make both fiberglass and carbon fiber pieces, and I've been told the process is similar, but I haven't found exact procedures and a materials list. If anyone can help me, let me know. thanks
are you making pieces or wrapping something in CF? basically samething as fiberglassing just use a clear resin,final layer apply your resin and let it gum up,then lay the carbon fiber over it so it tacks on,after that you top it with UV protectant clear.Also i recomend using a self leveling resin,Dont remember the exact name.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
pm if you get in a jam. my homeboy that i work with is a fuckin genius w the stuff. hes made shit out of military grade carbon/kevlar matting, straight out a bullet proof vest. i can get you answers.

j.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
yeah depends on what you are doing. going to determine if you epoxy or polyester resin. the process is the same, tons of info and probably DIY on line. made a nose for a race car at school, used carbon fiber and epoxy resin. lots of techniques. might as well use fiberglass if its just a mold that isnt going to be "loaded"

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
Originally posted by OrangeCounty58@Aug 29 2005, 08:46 PM~3716878
yeah depends on what you are doing. going to determine if you epoxy or polyester resin. the process is the same, tons of info and probably DIY on line. made a nose for a race car at school, used carbon fiber and epoxy resin.  lots of techniques. might as well use fiberglass if its just a mold that isnt going to be "loaded"
yea to cut down on cost do it what ever your doing in fiberglass then top coat it with the CF :cool:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts