LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I've a question? I'm building a Pontiac Grandprix as a street Car Dancer and I'm equiping it with (4) CCE Fatboys pumps <#11 to the front and #9 to the back>, (4) 1/2 inch check valves, (2) 8 inch pistons for front with 4 ton hopping springs, (2) 16 inch pistons for the back with 2 ton hopping springs, #8 hosses all around, (12) Batteries <815 cca>, (4) Prestolite blocks, (16) Carlin switches pre-wired, and (4) dumps <2 italians for the front and 2 deltas for the back>. My question is, do I have the right equipment and if I'm missing anything else? Can anyone help me.

I THANK YOU IN ADVANCE :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

·
O.G. Poster
1,090 Posts
the equipment sounds good....... are you doing anything to the suspension and frame ???

·
Registered
379 Posts
Id make sure my frame was good and strong. My cutty was and it was cool ;) I had 2 reds pro series in the trunk and 8 batts and Ill tell u what that shit would lift up off the ground a 1/2 foot every time my batts were charged.!!!!!! ;)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
First of all I want to thank you guys for posting. :cheesy: Second, I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday.

My frame has been reinforced. I have extended the A-arms and the back arms have been modiefied as well. I have 6 batteries in the trunk <3 on each side> and the 4 pumps in between the batteries. The other 6 batteries were placed on the back seat.

Now to Mr. Hydromat? Why would you say to put #9 to the front instead of #11. Doesn't #11 create more pressure.

And to everyone else, thanks for the tips. Happy Holidays :)

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Originally posted by WANNADANCE@Nov 28 2003, 09:51 PM
First of all I want to thank you guys for posting. :cheesy: Second, I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving Holiday.

My frame has been reinforced. I have extended the A-arms and the back arms have been modiefied as well. I have 6 batteries in the trunk <3 on each side> and the 4 pumps in between the batteries. The other 6 batteries were placed on the back seat.

Now to Mr. Hydromat? Why would you say to put #9 to the front instead of #11. Doesn't #11 create more pressure.

And to everyone else, thanks for the tips. Happy Holidays :)
The #11 creates less pressure and has more flow. The #9 head is more pressure and slower. THe front suspension is a 1 too 2 ratio, meaning its harder to lift , but takes less cylinders. The rear is 1 too 1 ratio, meaning it takes more cylinder and less power too raise. So the slow powerful gear in the front, and quick weaker gear in the rear too make the car equal. #9 in the front #11 in the back.

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Originally posted by hydrota+Nov 29 2003, 01:44 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hydrota @ Nov 29 2003, 01:44 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--WANNADANCE@Nov 28 2003, 09:51 PM

Now to Mr. Hydromat?  Why would you say to put #9 to the front instead of #11. Doesn't #11 create more pressure.

And to everyone else, thanks for the tips.  Happy Holidays :)
The #11 creates less pressure and has more flow. The #9 head is more pressure and slower. THe front suspension is a 1 too 2 ratio, meaning its harder to lift , but takes less cylinders. The rear is 1 too 1 ratio, meaning it takes more cylinder and less power too raise. So the slow powerful gear in the front, and quick weaker gear in the rear too make the car equal. #9 in the front #11 in the back.[/b][/quote]
That does make sense. Thats one of those things that can be tweaked and fine tuned once the car is together and you can see how it all works

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
THEN WOULDN'T BE BETTER OFF WITH #9 ALL AROUND?

BY THE WAY THANKS FOR THE HELP. I REALLY APPRECIATED. :thumbsup:

·
O.G. Poster
1,090 Posts
do what ever you want it's your car but hydrota knows what he is talking about ......re read his post about lift ratios and you should understand why people use diffrent gears front to back

Last edited by BackYardHydraulics at Nov 30 2003, 05:42 PM

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You're right!!!! Thank you for everything I will take the advice.

Have a great holiday season to all :) :) ;)

·
Registered
962 Posts
u can also even out the back and front w/ diferent voltage. i was told that when lugo's was on top of the dancing game they had 36 solenoids 3 per function.. think about that...

·
Registered
23,424 Posts
Originally posted by cmwautosports@Dec 3 2003, 11:46 PM
the one thing that no one seemed to mention that i would recommend is get rid of the solenoid blocks and get some accurate solenoids instead.
very good choice!! ;) :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts