LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
spelling and grammer correction

Does anyone here have switches with no reinforcements done to the frame?

there you go homie
:cool:

·
Registered
282 Posts
What are you trying to say? Are you asking if anyone has switches with NO renforcment done to the frame? If thats what your asking than there are several answers you can get....You can run hydraulics with no renforcing, but it would be pointless to do so..even with just a simple front/back set up you can still warp your frame..Factory frames are not meant to twist and tweak thus they can'nt withstand the abuse put on them by hydraulics. So in answer to your question, I used to have an 81 Regal with a 4 pump set up, but it had NO renforcing done to the frame...At the time I was new to hydros, and did'nt know better. By the time I sold that piece of shit the frame was so warped that my trunk would'nt shut right nor would my doors. So if you want to have a straight car than it is a MUST to renforce you frame.

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by 3rdCoast_Kobra@Nov 29 2003, 06:24 PM
What are you trying to say? Are you asking if anyone has switches with NO renforcment done to the frame? If thats what your asking than there are several answers you can get....You can run hydraulics with no renforcing, but it would be pointless to do so..even with just a simple front/back set up you can still warp your frame..Factory frames are not meant to twist and tweak thus they can'nt withstand the abuse put on them by hydraulics. So in answer to your question, I used to have an 81 Regal with a 4 pump set up, but it had NO renforcing done to the frame...At the time I was new to hydros, and did'nt know better. By the time I sold that piece of shit the frame was so warped that my trunk would'nt shut right nor would my doors. So if you want to have a straight car than it is a MUST to renforce you frame.
Did you hop your car and did threewheels. :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by rollin low in a grand prix@Nov 29 2003, 06:24 PM
spelling and grammer correction

Does anyone here have switches with no reinforcements done to the frame?

there you go homie
:cool:
Hey thanks homie :thumbsup: I was writting so fast that I didnt notice all those mistakes. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Yes, I have switches with no frame reinforcements... hell, I don't even have a frame! :)

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
in my opinion, as long as you don't hop or do 3's you really don't need to strap the frame.....they never did it back in the day and alot of those cars are still around and haven't bent the frame up or anything....

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Nov 29 2003, 07:06 PM
Yes, I have switches with no frame reinforcements... hell, I don't even have a frame! :)
Hey homie you were the one that teach me not to treat hydraulics like shit cuuse they kickback. :thumbsup: One of my friends was like why did you get hydraulics if you aint going to hop it :ugh: I told him are you going to pay if something fucks up :biggrin: and he said no so I told him to shut up then and get your own if you want to hop yours. :)So far its been a week with my swithches with no hopping and no threewheels and thanks to god no problems yet. ;)

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
I don't have any reinforcements on my Monte. It doesn't hop, but I do three wheel it every once in awhile. You should be fine as long as you don't hop, 3, or dance it a lot.

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
Originally posted by BOUNCIN89MERC2LOW97LHS@Nov 29 2003, 04:06 PM
Same here. No frame and no reinforcements. I haven't noticed anything besides probably typical door sag that started before the switches.

Don't hit any switches with the door open.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
i had a 82 regal with almost no renforcement i had it for about a year with 8 batts 4 pumps i will tell you this i will never in my life have a car with no renfoecment once shit starts tweeking you miswell just pull the juice off and junk it

look at this way you buy a car and juice it with no renforcment you do this to save you money well after you replace the drive shaft from binding up and u joints,then touch up paint because hoods and trunks are not closeing,stress cracks on the body,cracks in frame,ball joints,tows home,tires from the leaning in etc.... yo are not saveing any money !!
just save time,more money,and alot of stress on you and work not needed and have it done right ;)

·
Registered
534 Posts
i HAD a Cutlass without any reinforcement except a plate welded onto the crossmember... here is a picture of what it used to look like...

also...not pictured is the rear axle that I snapped at the pumpkin.. the axle and casing broke about an inch or so from the pumpkin.. the new rear that was put in was reinforced.. ;)

·
Registered
16,957 Posts
Originally posted by juicdcutlass@Nov 29 2003, 09:32 PM
i HAD a Cutlass without any reinforcement except a plate welded onto the crossmember... here is a picture of what it used to look like...

also...not pictured is the rear axle that I snapped at the pumpkin.. the axle and casing broke about an inch or so from the pumpkin.. the new rear that was put in was reinforced.. ;)
GOTDAMN!!!!
that looks like a clean cut :0 WTF were you doing? dancing it?

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
I had 2 G-bodies with no reinforcements,just frame mounted battery racks , they didnt crack . I hopped them anytime I wanted,3 wheeled and wasnt to careful with the bumps. I ve found that G bodies will hop up to about 25 inches with no major problems ,providing the rear is even and the A arms are extened [takes stress off the frame and crossmember]. The spring perches in the back tend to crack if youve got some major coils in the back or drive it locked up stiff to often. Caddies are about the same but they do crack easier, because they are heavier. Their bodies do get stress cracks and the body tweaks often causing the windsheilds to come out from standing 3 wheels.Standing 3 wheels will hurt just about anything though. Impalas and Lincons have weak spring perches. All of this is from experiece. I helped build a 50+ inch Impala hopper that competed on the Go-Lo tour from 98-00, it only had stress points reinforcements [ to save weight] we stared out with it and fixed it when it broke [watching it closely the whole way] after a while the frame was stiff enough . The body never got any stress cracks bent quaters or cracked windsheilds. NOT THE BEST WAY BUT KEEP THE CRAZY STUFF TO A MINIMUM AND YOULL BE O.K.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
No reinforcements here...yet

·
Registered
534 Posts
Originally posted by trudawg+Nov 29 2003, 10:39 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trudawg @ Nov 29 2003, 10:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--juicdcutlass@Nov 29 2003, 09:32 PM

also...not pictured is the rear axle that I snapped at the pumpkin.. the axle and casing broke about an inch or so from the pumpkin.. the new rear that was put in was reinforced..  ;)
GOTDAMN!!!!
that looks like a clean cut :0 WTF were you doing? dancing it?[/b][/quote]
no not dancing... just hopping ... 3 wheels .. sometimes some hard sides.. never really tried to dance it though...

like Ulysses said.. my rear spring perches broke.. fortunately not far from home... was coil under.. put in a bridge and cut out the spring perches.. and made it coil over then..

·
Registered
970 Posts
u can run switches without any reinforcement but only tempararely [i know i cant spell] while u save your money 4 a reinforcement so b gentel till then my caddy currently have no reinforcements butt soon :cheesy:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts