LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know the weight of a G-body driveshaft with yokes ?

anyone that sells them or ships them may have a figure they can share ?

:cool:

·
Registered
251 Posts
well parcel force charge x amount up to -is it 25kg? if thats the case i remember mine came in at 18 if that helps but that was a good while back

·
Registered
251 Posts
but that might have just been £18 was to wasted to remember now :)

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah thanks, i'm more interested in the actual weight of the driveshaft not how much it costs to ship ;)

·
Registered
251 Posts
2/3 bags of suger at a guess-i have a spare one in the garage but no scales :biggrin:

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
shit man it cant weigh more than like 7 kilos at the most, i can pick up my cadi drive shaft with like 2 fingers, and mines fatter and longer than a cutlass. and that inclues the slipshaft and both yokes. it really doesnt weigh all that much mayne!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah i know they dont weigh much LOL i was asking because i work in an office and cant just go and pick my driveshaft up, and i need to know so i can order the correct poundage spring for my slip joint without dropping my driveshaft off the car making the car unusable.

The spring only needs to carry the weight of the driveshaft so it can collapse really easily exerting the minimum amount of pressure on the gearbox, to stiff a spring will put pressure where its not needed ;)

everything can be improved upon...

·
Registered
251 Posts
lol- is that what it was for!! lol :) just put a bloody spring on it!! it only has to push to bits apart!! if you don't like you can always just swap it over-its only four bolts! ;)

·
Member # 1,077
22,641 Posts
Originally posted by Unity_Jon@Sep 26 2007, 10:24 AM~8873088
yeah i know they dont weigh much LOL i was asking because i work in an office and cant just go and pick my driveshaft up, and i need to know so i can order the correct poundage spring for my slip joint without dropping my driveshaft off the car making the car unusable.

The spring only needs to carry the weight of the driveshaft so it can collapse really easily exerting the minimum amount of pressure on the gearbox, to stiff a spring will put pressure where its not needed  ;)

everything can be improved upon...

pm ron from Black Magick Hydraulics, he can definately help you!

·
Registered
9,793 Posts
i always use the bm slips they work great im picking 1 up next week for my latest hopper ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts