LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does Anyone rhino line their trunks? when gettin juice? or do you guys just paint the trunks~Im wanting to get hydraulics and never had em~ Im gettin put in a 92 caprice hopefully~ And i wanna get a 2 pump setup 6 batts i was wondering can i hop and three wheel with this sorta setup? :cool:

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by MOSTHATED CC@Jan 20 2009, 07:25 PM~12763028
I would think a rhino liner would be nice in a trunk and can be colormatched just don't plan on ever taking that shit off.
:werd:

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
i went with a product called herculiner. they sell it at car quest and at northern tool. i think u can order online too. it was under 30 bucks for a quart and the spray gun is under 15 bucks and it fits right onto the quart, hook up compressor and you are ready to spray. its durable and oil resistant. its dirty in this picture but u get the idea.

·
Registered
709 Posts
yeah i think shit looks better carpeted or covered just wodlnt be a good idea with your first set-up. and your setup will do the trick but you just wont be able to do a standing three with no mods :biggrin:

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
thats what im doing hurculiner it was like 30 bucks bought it at pepboys and you can use a roller or paintbrush to put it on

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
i got line-x sprayed in my trunk. i love the shit the oil is easy as hell to clean up. and it will last a long ass time

here is a pic

i had the rack also line-x with the battery tie downs. i just painted right over the line-x and its holding up really good

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
puttin line x in ur trunk is good cuz when u get leaks u just put a paper towel on the puddle and it will soak it right up

·
Registered
1,293 Posts
Originally posted by lor1der@Jan 20 2009, 07:33 PM~12763111
i got line-x sprayed in my trunk. i love the shit the oil is easy as hell to clean up. and it will last a long ass time
wht he said ive seen his set up and his shit is tight wit the line-x in it he also got it color matching

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally posted by blkvatonda93caddy@Jan 20 2009, 06:36 PM~12763141
wht he said ive seen his set up and his shit is tight wit the line-x in it he also got it color matching
i didnt get it color matched i just got auto paint from the auto parts store and painted the rack area. :biggrin:

·
SO FRESH!!!!!
12,453 Posts
and it held up hows it look can you post some pics

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yo thanks homies~ I really appreciate your help alot ~ So i guess its a really good idea to Linex or Herculiner the trunk ai~

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Originally posted by AndrewH@Jan 20 2009, 07:34 PM~12763123
just make sure you clean the trunk good. engine degreaser wont cut it.

you mean before you spray it right??? Cause I thought, and I stress thought, that I had my trunk clean enough before sparying. um no. That shit flaked up so easy, man I was not happy. However, trunk allready had hydros in it before, so I thing metal might of had some oil in its pores. A fresh virgin trunk might be diff.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally posted by MINT'Z@Jan 20 2009, 06:45 PM~12763237
and it held up hows it look can you post some pics
i posted a pic just got to look up some. the line-x itself is holding up great. i got it sprayed about 2 yrs ago. i got it sprayed after the rack was welded in but before i installed everyting. so everything was really clean in there. if you already got your set up in there you will have to really clean out your trunk really good. the rack and tie downs that i painted need alittle bit of touch up but nobody but me notices where its a little worn. to me its well worth it im going to do my trunk in the 61 as soon as it gets done being painted. a member in my club owns line-x out here and is able to hook us up with a goood price :biggrin:

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Originally posted by westsidehydros@Jan 20 2009, 09:19 PM~12764865
you mean before you spray it right???  Cause I thought, and I stress thought, that I had my trunk clean enough before sparying.  um no.  That shit flaked up so easy,  man I was not happy.  However, trunk allready had hydros in it before, so I thing metal might of had some oil in its pores.  A fresh virgin trunk might be diff.
:yes: maybe even sandblasted. that is what my homie recomends to customers that wants to get line-x put in there older trucks

·
Registered
47,193 Posts
^^^^those racks look like the work of fine line^^^

on that herculiner prep was easy and took about 10 mins. i didnt do it though because i thought there was more to it, but after watching, anyone can do it. and that stuff aint flaking off. if u wanna take it off u gonna need air chisel.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I did mine about three years ago! its held up really good, no chips or flaking, it cleans up really easy. Here a pick of my trunk, I dont have any pics before I reinstalled my set up. The key thing is to clean you trunk out really good. I used the castrol purple degreaser and then scuffed up the metal really good and then cleaned it again.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts