LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the bike of choice for many Lowriders is a Schwinn. But does it necessarily have to be an "Original Schwinn" to be accepted as a true Lowrider?

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
no, i had a schwinn lowrider its gives off a more old school vibe if you keep it OG. but if you wanna cut it up use one of the reproduction frames.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What about a Dyno Roadster? I've havd one for about a month and would like to show it after I fix it up a bit, but will it be acceptable even though it comes with factory frame mods? or would it get clowned on because it's an "off the shelf custom"?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So you don't think an O.G Schwinn would get more respect in the show circuit than a brand new Roadster?
Don't get me wrong, I agree with you about doing your own thing. but i'm trying to decide if I should put all efforts into the new Roadster or the rusting Schwinn on the side of the house.

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Originally posted by SALONE@Sep 3 2003, 05:36 PM
What about a Dyno Roadster? I've havd one for about a month and would like to show it after I fix it up a bit, but will it be acceptable even though it comes with factory frame mods? or would it get clowned on because it's an "off the shelf custom"?
lets see some pics!!!!

Who will know what brand it is if it has major mods. shit I didn't know my schwinn was a schwinn untill I looked at the numbers

Last edited by 64 at Sep 3 2003, 06:36 PM

·
I Dig Chix Wit Glasses!!!
14,255 Posts
Originally posted by SALONE@Sep 3 2003, 03:40 PM
I know the bike of choice for many Lowriders is a Schwinn. But does it necessarily have to be an "Original Schwinn" to be accepted as a true Lowrider?
for me no. I used an old Murry frame for my lil nephews bike.

·
Registered
11,533 Posts
im doing a 20in 60's huffy that came with a sheetmetal fat tank. its something different....i like all vintage stuff, even if it means i have to root thro a thrift store.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'll take some pics tonight when I get out of work and try to figure out how to post them tomorrow. Let me know what you think.

(Now remember I haven't had it that long so there's not a whole lot done to it. It's pretty much stock.)

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
I honestly think that if you have a schwin frame you will get alot more respect. Especially in the radical show circuit I mean BMX and all that is just as good but if you want respect go OG!

L

·
0 Posts
Respect from guys that do the serious shit fine. If you are talking about some clownz that go Look at my og schwin and do not take time to do it right fuck them. Respect is earned with creativity not with a stupid ass logo. Hell need a Schwinn Head badge? Shoot me $10.00 I will mail one right out. I chose to do my show wining bike on a Taiwan bike frame and run red tires. The photographer from Golow entertainment took pics of half ass bikes from our club and snubbed his nose at mine. he said it did not look low rider enough. I guess he had not pulled his head out of his ass long enough to know Chrome is dying a fast miserable death. I build as many bikes a month as he looks at and trust me most people are starting to shy away from Chrome for some color.

Paint the frame Lay some Cady paint over about half that Chrome and see how many people say who the Fuck did the Anodizing on this. In fact Email me I will tell you how to do it. Look at the cars out there and see how many are taking trophies with anodizing over just straight chrome.

[email protected]

·
Class Act
26,972 Posts
Respect is earned with creativity not with a stupid ass logo
exfuckingxactly.

im losing my taste for chrome but now too much im just limited to chrome wheels(painted spoke), handlebars, and fork

ill post pics of the psykallac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts