LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are getting ready for our 5th Annual Show and we are looking at reasons the attendance was not good last year..... Prevouse years were OK...but not a great turn out.....

Would a show in a church parking lot stop you from going to the show???

What draws you to shows, does location mean that much????

Our 5th Annual show is going to be off the hook, live bands, good food, cool vendors,
$500 best of show for Car, Motorcycle and Bicycle + 5' Trophy.
1st place trophies in other catagories....
Best of show is peoples choice.... the more people that vote for your ride the better the chance to win.....

Last year was about the same but only $100 best of show.

So What Draws to a show.......

Our show is going to be Oct 15 in Pomona, we want to have it at a chuch parking lot so that vendors can sell food. If we have it in a public area, we have to get special permits to sell food.....

So I turn to LIL brother and sister to help me decide.

A. Church parking lot
B. Public area, like a local park

Thanks
Alex

·
Registered
178 Posts
Alex I would hope that would not have any bearing on who shows up to a car show or not. Look at it this way I would have a feeling there would be less problems having it in a church parking lot than in just a parking lot in a high school or shopping center don't you. Just my feelings :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:
GODS LOOKING OVER YOU BRO

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Originally posted by G2G_Al@Aug 10 2005, 09:00 PM~3585388
We are getting ready for our 5th Annual Show and we are looking at reasons the attendance was not good last year..... Prevouse years were OK...but not a great turn out.....

Would a show in a church parking lot stop you from going to the show???

What draws you to shows, does location mean that much????

Our 5th Annual show is going to be off the hook, live bands, good food, cool vendors,
$500 best of show for Car, Motorcycle and Bicycle + 5' Trophy.
1st place trophies in other catagories....
Best of show is peoples choice.... the more people that vote for your ride the better the chance to win.....

Last year was about the same but only $100 best of show.

So What Draws to a show.......
Our show is going to be Oct 15 in Pomona, we want to have it at a chuch parking lot so that vendors can sell food.  If we have it in a public area, we have to get special permits to sell food.....

So I turn to LIL brother and sister to help me decide. 

A.  Church parking lot
B. Public area, like a local park

Thanks
Alex
you have to have hopping contest that pays and trophy`s for all catagorys and will be there if you have all that

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by smiley`s 84 fleetwood@Aug 10 2005, 09:02 PM~3587759
you have to have hopping contest that pays and  trophy`s for all catagorys and will be there if you have all that
We have trophies for all major catagories, we really never did any type of hopping contest, I guess because we really don't know what goes into it. If we had some schooling on hopping I would be open to it.......

·
Registered
712 Posts
Originally posted by smiley`s 84 fleetwood@Aug 10 2005, 08:02 PM~3587759
you have to have hopping contest that pays and  trophy`s for all catagorys and will be there if you have all that
exactly, a hop with a good payout will bring hoppers which in turn brings more people.

·
Premium Member
18,358 Posts
Actually theres a car/bike show in my town this weekend thats in a church parking lot.... i read an article about it in the paper today, they were talking about how it promotes an atmosphere thats safe for families... they said last year 7500 people came.

·
Registered
22,420 Posts
Originally posted by G2G_Al@Aug 10 2005, 10:30 PM~3587934
We have trophies for all major catagories, we really never did any type of hopping contest, I guess because we really don't know what goes into it.  If we had some schooling on hopping I would be open to it.......
i`m sure you have lots of friends from car clubs i`m sure they will be glad to help trust me when there are hopps at the shows more people come i`m sure you heard of valley unity show its in front of the church always a good turn out they have hopps for money last year the only problem was the trophys were to small but they said they were gonna get 4 foot trophys for first place this year i`m sure its gonna turn out good

·
Registered
8,374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I don't know what happen last year, we turned out more flyer then ever but the cars did not come, alot of people came out but participation was poor....

I am going to ask around about a hop.......

·
Registered
376 Posts
It depends what type of crowd you are tying to attract. I was involved doing a show at a church parking lot and it was ok turn out with alot of church folks. Then the following year we did the 2nd show at a park because of lack of parking space and it was a better turn out with less church folks. I personaly would't have a problem attending a show at a church parking lot. Then again I try to attend church on a regular basis. Either way if it honors God it's good. :thumbsup:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts