LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying a local car , 1966 cadillac, I have some pics of the inside, just wondering if this is going to be a costly fix.....

Attachments

·
SPELL CHECK
21,743 Posts
I'm not sure where you live, but that doesn't look too bad at all. Hell, I've owned a lot worse! ;) But I would say this - If you intend to drive it through the winter and you live in the salted areas of the country, I would treat that ASAP before you have a Flintstone mobile come spring.

Good luck. I love '66 Cads! :thumbsup:
Jeff

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
does anyone know if the seats are interchangeable, I currently have a 1970 cadillac sedan deville, when I get the 66 I want to swap interoirs

·
Registered
188 Posts
ITS NOT ALL THAT BAD I WOULD JUST CLEAN IT UP AND COAT IT,HERE IS A # TO GET PARTS THEY HAVE EVERY THING FOR A 66 CADDY THATS WHERE I GET ALL MY PARTS 1-703-335-1935

·
Registered
2,593 Posts
If thats the only problem, then you have one hell of a good buy :thumbsup:

New flowboards and sheet metal can allways be ordered, but in the meantime, it's still useable........you will want to treat it.........POR-15 is suposta be real good, but hearing some receant negative things lately :(
You can't go wrong with sandblasting it, then epoxycoating it, but then again who knows what the sandblasting will do to the weaken metal.

·
Registered
8,504 Posts
looks fine. the metal in some spots might have softened up. but clean it up, epoxy it and sound deaden it. i wouldnt blast it. just make sure you get all the surface rust off. go buy Naval Jelly to clean it up and see what comes off.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
looks to be just a little passed surface rust......a wire wheel on a makita and some epoxy and you will be straight

1 - 12 of 12 Posts