LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well then, someone mentioned about my signature not adding up. This is perfectly explainable. First off, 2 orion 1200d's strapped means, that the 1200d's will do around 2.5kw at 2 ohms. I have a Type R sub dual 2 ohm to be specific. The woofer is wired to one ohm to both amps, yes i am running these amps below recomended resistance measures. So, the 1200d's will do 2.5kw at 2 ohms, i wonder what they are doing at 1 ohm. ;) . I know this may seem like alot of power for a little 500 wrms woofer, but my friends have done extensive testing on the Termlab sensor. Not only does the new 05 type R handle power better than an RE SX for burps and music, but it sounds way better. Your competition box is your daily box aswell for this woofer as it will tend to peak in between 40 and 50 hz. yes, that is low, which mean tuning would probably be around the 30-35 hz range for the box. yes, the type R is louder at a lower frequency than the SX at a higher frequency. The SX is a fart woofer, not as musical as the type R, so it will peak at a higher frequency around 60 hz or so. well now i am rambling on and on, the truth is, the new type R is better than everyone thinks. My buddy ran high 151's with a single type R 12 out of the trunk of his monte carlo, at the kick, MECA style, on his very own termlab usb.

wow, block stylie owns me.

al

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also i forgot to mention, only 2 1200d's used for burps, 1 for daily. And through testing it is determined that type R's like a little bit beefier boxes for SPL.

al

·
Registered
10,429 Posts
::scratches ass:: umm wow

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
and i think my dick just grew an extra 5 inches...

i guess the type-R ALPINE out performing the SX is a must see (and hitting 151!!!) i really gotta see this shit to believe...

-qs

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
http://thecaraudiobox.com/eventpicsandvids/typeS1517.wmv

here is a vid made by my friend, Mark, aka speakerman. it is a pair of type s's actually. sorry we really dont have any type R vids. this is off of "2000" watts. now imagine what we can do with type R's and an asload of power...

remember, this is a termlab sensor. the most consistant and accurate way to measure sound pressure levels.

al

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
http://thecaraudiobox.com/eventpicsandvids...%20R15150.4.wmv

here is a single 15 type R breaking 150 out of the trunk of a monte carlo, still Mark, still termlab. still 2000 watts. the high 151 he got was with a 12, off of around 4kw i believe.

al

P.S. sorry we have no vids of the SX, but that is because it sucked. and just to let you guys know, i am a huge RE fan. i used to run an 18 xxx, i still have a SX 15, still have RE comps, and sold my XXX mids. and i am about to play arouind with some SE 10's.

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
dammmmnnnnn!!!! i guess you shut them up????????

·
2GUNZ
28,221 Posts
Again as I have always said, people are quiet when they are proven wrong. But no one has really gone to the lengths to prove them wrong, I got tired of talking about it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
As has been said in this forum many times install and box design can makes the system

I have seen 1 8 do a 151 on a termlab, all depends on install

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by cobra65427289@Aug 17 2005, 08:48 PM~3645037
at the kick, MECA style, on his very own termlab usb.

:cool:

MECA is how us poor bastards do.

al

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Originally posted by Brahma Brian@Aug 18 2005, 11:40 AM~3650468
I also like the way the sensor is placed at the kick on the passenger side and not on the dash...  ;)

I also like how the battery charger is left hooked up and charging during the burps...  :cheesy:

Allthough a great effort, you put the mic on the dash and remove the battery charger you go to mid 40's at best...  ;)
battery charger is no different than car running. and we don't care about dash, we are about driveby and reality more than anything. regardless, we have proved that the type R's get louder than SX's in 4 different vehicles in our testing. shit, even the seXXX will get louder than an SX. vehicles being, Newer 4 door blazer, first gen 2 door blazer, fist gen S 10, and a monte carlo. all tested SX's in different sizes, along with type R's in different sizes. and believe me, we took our time fucking around with many different box designs, and in all, the type R's were drop in tests. meaning we had boxes that were specifically designed for SX's, and the type R's got louder straight up. lowest amount of power was around 1200 watts with a orion 2500d at 2 ohms.

al

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tommyk90 is my buddy, did the testing with the first gen S dime.

al

1 - 20 of 59 Posts