LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
34,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was at wal mart last night (and today) looking for the new LRM and i saw the Lowrider Arte magazine. i was wondering why that magazine, with no advertisements, the majority of the pages are in color, and the thickness of the pages is better than Lowrider Bike magazine, how come it keeps going? i understand LRB didn't have many advertisements but couldn't they keep it going?

·
Registered
34,521 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aren't most of the bikes featured in LRB right after shows? for example, the day after the Houston show, drop em, REC, justdeez, and Freddy Fraire all had photoshoots. it's not like they have to spend extra money on flying places to photograph the bikes, they are already there for the tour

·
Registered
7,820 Posts
Originally posted by FRISCOSOLDIER@Oct 18 2007, 11:34 AM~9030462
I heard that they were gonna make a lowrider bike magazine again...Is that  true??
i heard u found another boyfriend again lol j/k :biggrin:

·
Registered
32,253 Posts
It will always be a mystery why Lowrider Art magazine will never die. I think because there are a lot of "Artsy" people out there that buy it :dunno:

·
Registered
963 Posts
Originally posted by SAC_TOWN@Oct 18 2007, 01:32 PM~9031446
i heard u found another boyfriend again lol j/k :biggrin:
Stop saying shit like that cuz they finna lock us.... :uh:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The reason I think is cause people send in there art rather them having to go out to shows to look for it, art no matter how you feel about it will always have more audience than autos or bikes, everyone from all age submits there work (X2 for wheel enthusiest), art is more recognized on a higher level thats why they hand out awards every issue, and I bet the use the money from lowrider magazine to push it. Also if you have about eight cars and a bike in the issue say about for all one of those you have fifty personnal people you know pick up that issue 50x9=450 issues at least sold not to mention the millions beyond that but if you have an issure where theres a good thirty people in it times that fifty 50x30= 1500
on top of that millions who buy it and you don't have to pay photographers to shoot your ride. I know just something I thought.

·
pinstripin' psycho
6,716 Posts
Originally posted by TonyO@Oct 18 2007, 01:35 PM~9031476
It will always be a mystery why Lowrider Art magazine will never die.  I think because there are a lot of "Artsy" people out there that buy it :dunno:
if thats the case, they arent any of those artsy types around my neck of the woods, cuz the guy at the newsstand always puts out the unsold copies out for free........and thats usually a pretty big stack of magazines..

1 - 20 of 26 Posts