LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just for fun, I was thinking of trying two pumps to the front, one for flow and the other for pressure.

#6 at 72 volts
and
#13 at 60 volts,

any thoughts on this?

85 Regal, 8 cylinder

·
Registered
970 Posts
well ive never tried that but whatever u do dont run one per cylinder with different gears that would be funny to see

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
That would be the same as going with a gear that is in between them. Like Hustle said #9's 60 volts would work the same way.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I think he is trying to have 2 pumps but only to clown with one and play daily with the other. In other words, he will not be useing them at the same time. Am I right, Hydros?

·
Registered
6,899 Posts
the only way to use both at the same time would be to tee both of them to a adex run a single hose to the front and tee it off at the front cylinders that way the pressure would remain equal

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What I was getting at is, some folks here say that using a #13 is not suggested, so I'm guessing two #13 would be twice as bad. (maybe not).

I would be running a double pumper to the front, both at the same time.

I'm trying to find something that a everyday driver can get some high inches and not clogg up the trunk with all those batteries.

·
Registered
3,195 Posts
Id use 2 #7s or at least 120 yes 120 volts for the #13s 120v is only 10 batts, not that much in anything bigger than a G body

·
Registered
3,446 Posts
when you run 2 pumps to the front with one hose can one pump over fill with fluid?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by droppen98@Nov 16 2003, 06:17 PM
when you run 2 pumps to the front with one hose can one pump over fill with fluid?
Yes it can. You would need to use a whammy tank, basically two blocks share the same tank, or, you can add a third tank above the two for gravity feed.

You might even be able to return to one tank through the block, then from the filler attach a hose to the return at the the other pumps block, and then use a long vent at the filler of that last tank. (this I would not advise for any kind of hopping, and this idea would need some refinement).

Last edited by Hydros at Nov 16 2003, 07:03 PM

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Originally posted by Dumps@Nov 16 2003, 01:59 PM
I think he is trying to have 2 pumps but only to clown with one and play daily with the other. In other words, he will not be useing them at the same time. Am I right, Hydros?
Thats what I was hoping for !!! lol Using two different pumps at the same time would cause some weird effects.

·
Registered
43 Posts
it only takes 1 gate, if you can kick ass with that one gate and hit back bumper you done some shit tony trust me their is a recipe for it baby, like kool aid and sugar go together :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Originally posted by aircraft_dump_man@Nov 17 2003, 01:56 AM
it only takes 1 gate, if you can kick ass with that one gate and hit back bumper you done some shit tony trust me their is a recipe for it baby, like kool aid and sugar go together :biggrin:
Hell yeah, hitting back bumper with one pump is far more respectful than using 2 to the front, not to mention some fools use 4 to the front, that makes them lose respect, rather than earn it.

Single pump, back bumper, drivable, no lead.

NOW THATS RESPECTABLE.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 16 2003, 06:00 PM
What I was getting at is, some folks here say that using a #13 is not suggested, so I'm guessing two #13 would be twice as bad. (maybe not).

I would be running a double pumper to the front, both at the same time.

I'm trying to find something that a everyday driver can get some high inches and not clogg up the trunk with all those batteries.
Guess I was wrong. Oh well.

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hey thanks guys.

I like the idea of hitting back bumper with one pump. Has anyone here did that with 4-6 batteries, and no heavy duty frame reinforcing or mods?

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Guess I was wrong. Oh well.
Heck no biggy Bro, seemed OK to me. :biggrin:

·
Registered
43 Posts
na don't get me wrong 2 gates are ok but if you can do it with one like ogcaddy said you will earn more respect on the streets to me 2 pumps just makes more shit
you have to worry about burning up are blowing something apart but mixing those gears does work alright you will have to use an x block to balance the pressure and volume out on the system

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Originally posted by Hydros@Nov 16 2003, 06:00 PM

RUNNING TWO #13'S IS O.K , BUT YOU NEED TO RUN 14 BATTERIES(7+7) OR MORE TO WORK RIGHT

1 - 20 of 24 Posts