LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now im using lawnmower blades lol....i have them bolted on and bent and they spark pretty good now that ive worn them so they lay flatter on the pavement...but im wondering if there is any metals that spark in any different colors??...these are pretty yellow but not all that bright....ive heard titanium is good but i havent had any exp with it...and anyone ever tried copper??

Last edited by enough_talkin at Dec 30 2003, 08:33 AM

·
Registered
871 Posts
Titanium throws white sparks.......ALL over the place........I wouldn't use copper, but more power to you if you did.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how fast does the titanium typically wear down...and how expensive is it typically

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Dec 30 2003, 11:04 AM
how fast does the titanium typically wear down...and how expensive is it typically
Titanium......

Drag blocks are actually manufactured for this and bolt on your ride, when they wear down, buy more......check on E-bay. I think a set goes for around $50

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by enough_talkin@Dec 30 2003, 06:04 PM
it's really expensive and holds up pretty good...

·
Registered
6,878 Posts
I always thought about bolting a trailer hitch ball upside down to your frame. Dont know if it would spark a lot or not, but it would be cheap, and easy to replace. ;) :biggrin:

·
Registered
237 Posts
i just bolted a 30 inch 2x2 stock across the rear cross memeber area it dosent hit when fully laid out on 4s but with the back down n the front up its railz hard as fuck..... so when i drag full frame on 4s i get a shower, then tap the front up and it gives off a diffrent hue to end the show... sweeeetttt plus its like 8 bux and i replace it when it dont hit no more

·
Premium Member
49,409 Posts
Originally posted by dreday@Dec 30 2003, 12:17 PM
Titanium is the shit, don't try and waste time & money on other bullshit....
:cool:

·
Registered
677 Posts
I wonder how a block of Aluminum and Magnesium would be...if they don't melt down your car/truck in the mean time :biggrin: LOL

D

·
0 Posts
Since price is an issue, why don't you get fish string and tie 10 soda cans, and drag the shit out of them. First thing I would do is change that Avator :uh:

·
I love hearing "PAPA"
5,779 Posts
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Dec 30 2003, 12:39 PM
Since price is an issue, why don't you get fish string and tie 10 soda cans, and drag the shit out of them. First thing I would do is change that Avator :uh:
Don't use fish string, the brake cables are better, and I like to mix in a few beer cans.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Titanium kicks ass.Dont bother with expensive blocks though. Go to a swap meet and get used race titanium valves from an engne. Cheep and lots of em. The drag blocks are good for about 40 good drags . Used up 4 blocks in one weekend at slamfest in tampa

D

·
0 Posts
Originally posted by astrolade@Dec 30 2003, 01:58 PM
Titanium kicks ass.Dont bother with expensive blocks though. Go to a swap meet and get used race titanium valves from an engne. Cheep and lots of em. The drag blocks are good for about 40 good drags . Used up 4 blocks in one weekend at slamfest in tampa
I think you are all talk.

·
Registered
10,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Originally posted by DIPPINIT@Dec 30 2003, 02:39 PM
Since price is an issue, why don't you get fish string and tie 10 soda cans, and drag the shit out of them.
you talkin from experience there guy....price isnt an issue with me i was just curious on what they ran...and no im not changing my avatar

D

·
0 Posts
Nah my 63 doesn't need a skid plate. I think those went out in 1973. Since you have lawnmower blades on your Cutlass, maybe you could get a job cutting grass at the parks. Change your signature too, unless you really are that hard of a G. :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts