·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best way to drain tanks,&how much do they hold

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
the best way is to stand it up and remove the tank, this way you can inspect the insides of the tank for metal chips, get to wipe the tank clean, and start fresh.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
what do u mean when u say stand it up&when i do this i should bleed the lines after adding new or do it with the old

·
Registered
6,612 Posts
Take the pump out of the car. Take off the rods and back plate. Stand the pump on the tank. Use a flat head scewdriver to slowly pry the tank away from the block as you lift it up. You should be able to lift the block away from the tank with it full. You dont have to worry about the oil in the lines it should be clean. The oil only circulates at the pump and dump plumbing. There should also be a small magnt in the tank to collect alot of the shavings.

·
Premium Member
7,112 Posts
I READ SOMEWHERE BEFORE HOW THIS ONE GUY DID IT.......UN-DO THE HOSE AT THE CYLINDER AND AIM HOSE END INTO YOUR NEIGHBORS GRASS.. NOW HIT THE SWITCH..... :biggrin:

·
Registered
694 Posts
lmfao, i just choked on my square readin that cause i busted out laughin

·
Registered
2,714 Posts
I use plastic caps for the hoses from an industrial hydraulic shop (hoses and fittings in west sac) to plug them up. Put a plastic bag on each dump fitting that went to a hose and wrap it with electrical tape. I use a bucket (5 gallon, etc.) with a wood block going across it. Set the tank end on the block (with endcap off). Drain through the drain plug hole into the bucket. Lift the block off of the tank and pour the rest out. Hope this was a serious question.
Then you can pull the hoses off of the cylinders and wrap a plastic bag on them leaving room for it to catch oil. Tie it up with electrical tape. Now blow through the hose. mmmmm...oil tastes good. :)

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Originally posted by BlackMagicHydraulics@Aug 26 2005, 06:25 PM~3700093
I READ SOMEWHERE BEFORE HOW THIS ONE GUY DID IT.......UN-DO THE HOSE AT THE CYLINDER AND  AIM HOSE END INTO YOUR NEIGHBORS GRASS.. NOW HIT THE SWITCH..... :biggrin:
i remember that one :biggrin:

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
got em off 7 drained there is small chips of metal ,whats this mean

1 - 12 of 12 Posts