LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 303 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So Ive been Hesitant about putting a build topic of my car since I started the restoration of the car. So Finally I decided to start one and post some of the pics of the things I have for the car and things that were done to the car. I'll explain certain things as I post pics of things.

I got the car Last year February. Here are pics of the car when I got it.

·
Premium Member
58,442 Posts
damn tage car looked great when u got it. its in good hands now for sure.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn tage car looked great when u got it. its in good hands now for sure.
Thanks Skim.... Im glad its with Dave! He will take care of her for me =)

Stay tuned I got tons of pics.... Its going to get interesting... Its just taking forever to get all these pics together lol

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
So I took the car apart mostly by myself and bagged and tagged everything. After taking it apart I seen that I needed floors done through out the car and Im not a dam welder.... I can weld, but the shit wont come out right....lol

I had met this dumb fuck named (yes Im putting his ass on blast, just in case any other NY cats read this or know him, or think of taking a car to him) DENNIS FINNERTY from 191 ROD & CUSTOM out in PINE BUSH, NEW YORK.... So I decided to the car to him at the beginning of the year and I asked him to do all the metal work and body and then we will go from there.

He started off on the right foot doing what I asked and just sticking to my plan. Long story short, Where me and him got into problems was when he felt the car was his and he started doing whatever he felt like he wanted to do it.... Like just shaving body lines and seams that were necessary for trim to go back into place, shaving my firewall and sealing up the hole for the OG column (Im going with a OG tilt) so he can put a hot rod column, and the list goes on. Then he started jacking up prices on shit the more I would question him.... He was trying to rip me off so I took he car back from him and had it sitting in my garage for about 6 months until after my wedding over.

Here are pics of his work.... He did somethings right and some shit just fucking wrong. I gave this fool complete floor halves and this dude cut them and only used section of it. Talking about we'll just fiber mat and fiber glass the little holes. I explained to him that I wanted it all changed and he was like no its to much work....etc, etc, etc. Typical lazy body man talk. I'll just post all the pics and you guys will see for yourselves.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
At the end when I starting flipping out on him, he called me back and started saying he might have over charged a bit and he owes me money, so he can do some more work on the car. I asked for the money back but he didnt have it, So he offered to smooth under my trunk and hood before I picked up the car.

picking up the car and bringing it back home.

here are a few of when this dude sandblasted the car.... which he charged a fucken arm and a leg for!!! You can see some of the damage that the previous owner had covered up by his local body shop before I bought it.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
When I picked up the car from that old fuck he refused to primer it. So the car was bare metal with only metal ready on it, which doesnt repel rust. So I had to sand the entire car inside out and primer it black cause it was rusting just sitting in my garage. And after waiting like 6 months for my wedding to be over with Im finally able to get back on the car and I made the Decision to send to the car to David Hess (Grinch) down in NC. My Boy Terrence took his 61 bubble top to him and Skim got Hell Bent there.... Plus David Built White Trash which I know Skim Drives the shit out of.... So David is the right guy to finish up the car....

Here are some pics after I sanded the car and primered it black and when me and my lil bro Danny (Danny G) Loaded up our rags and sent them to Dave.

the cars arriving down at Daves

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Now here all the part I got for this thing... If they are not listed in order im sorry, I just got to many dam pics lol

new floors and trunk pan - Which the old fool cut in pieces... smh

some pics of the motor that will be going into the vert...

New Radiator

http://i39.tinypic.com/s1kpxx.jpg[/img

These are some chrome trunk hinges I picked up

[img]http://i40.tinypic.com/1zwi2iu.jpg

Suspension parts I picked up. Everything is already Wrapped, Molded, Smoothed, Extended (Upper front arms only) and chromed!

[/quote]

[/quote]

1 - 20 of 303 Posts