Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
another great show and trophy for the collection

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
he is talking about doing the frame once he has paid for whats done so far. still for a 12 year old to have a 3,000.00 bike that he has paid for is an accomplishment ( he will be 13 when he pays it off). plus 25 trophies in 2 years with him paying his own entry fees...... just takes time

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by hydraulicmike@Jul 29 2003, 04:01 PM
he is talking about doing the frame once he has paid for whats done so far. still for a 12 year old to have a 3,000.00 bike that he has paid for is an accomplishment ( he will be 13 when he pays it off). plus 25 trophies in 2 years with him paying his own entry fees...... just takes time
tight bike

were in cincinnati u at?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
central part by mitchell exit of 75 if that helps

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
central part by mitchell exit of 75 if that helps.

what part you from???

do you go to the sunday cruises???

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by hydraulicmike@Jul 29 2003, 05:30 PM
central part by mitchell exit of 75 if that helps.

what part you from???

do you go to the sunday cruises???
dont know were that is

im a lil east to cincinnati
in batavia(clermont county)

no i dont go cause

dont know were they r?

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
all i can say is dre is happy with it and has numerous awards for it and it was all his idea ( both of the builds), i just fronted him the money ( which he is repaying). Dre set down with the paint guy to decide how he wanted it. And Dre made the sketches for the trailer designs ( which the original plans called for bubble walls on each side instead of just plexiglass which would have added anouther 1,000.00 to the trailer but due to time constraints in preparing it for a World of Wheels show had to be scrapped at least for now he is talking about them for the next trailer) and he set down with the guy at the stereo shop to go over the details. this is what he has in it SO FAR... First he built it as a regular bike (when a club member gave him the Schwinn frame) with just regular lowrider parts and 72 spoke wheels. then he decided to upgrade it to the 144s with all twisted parts. add into that the money thrown out the window because Aztlans continental kit is garbage and after 1 month the braces broke so we turned around and had to get one from lovley lowrider. between the first and second builds we have almost 1,300.00 in parts AND shipping (which adds up as some of the shipping was overnight for shows, he bought parts here and there so the shipping adds up) from Aztlan bicycle with another 150 from lovley for their kit and express shipping to get it in time for a show. Paint wise the bike was black when we were given the frame it was reshot kandy brandywine on the first build ( cant remember price on that) then on the second build between buying the Dupont chromallusion (250 alone) and having it shot there is 500.00 in the current paint job. The trailer itself itself cost 1,792.00 as it sits. These things add up over time when upgrading. if he had mapped it out and knew he wanted it this way to begin with to avoid the first build yea it would have been less.

·
Registered
483 Posts
is that 3 gran with entry fees included or not? becuase 3 gran on that bike is way to damn much... i would of have a nice full custom bike for 3 grand... but then again thats just me

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Now a real Lowrider show bike is worth 3000.00$ or more! My bike that was featured in LRB is worth about 4000.00$ no store bought stuff just str8 custom paint murals candy flakes the whole 9 yards. Im not trying to hate but if you say that bike is worth 3000.00$ ill get almost 8000.00 if I sold mine LOL! I can say one thing half the stuff that is on that bike looks store bought the most he could have on it is like 1000.00

·
Banned
5,403 Posts
Originally posted by Wickeddragon68@Jul 31 2003, 06:45 AM
Now a real Lowrider show bike is worth 3000.00$ or more! My bike that was featured in LRB is worth about 4000.00$ no store bought stuff just str8 custom paint murals candy flakes the whole 9 yards. Im not trying to hate but if you say that bike is worth 3000.00$ ill get almost 8000.00 if I sold mine LOL! I can say one thing half the stuff that is on that bike looks store bought the most he could have on it is like 1000.00
well said wicked..and i know that aint a 3g bike

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Originally posted by trikeboy666+Jul 31 2003, 09:06 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (trikeboy666 @ Jul 31 2003, 09:06 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--Wickeddragon68@Jul 31 2003, 06:45 AM
well said wicked..and i know that aint a 3g bike[/b][/quote]
Like I said no hate I mean power to the kidd if he feels good spending 3000.00 on a 1000.00 bike! :biggrin: :cool: :uh:

·
Registered
993 Posts
Originally posted by trikeboy666@Jul 31 2003, 11:24 AM
buddy a lil chunky for 12
lets keep of that subject

he is not the only one that is a lil larger than the rest of everyone else :angry:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
fat jokes are unnesessary people need to quit hating on a CHILD:angry: thats just sad i guess that makes you feel better:confused:( I hope you never know the feeling of someone putting YOUR child down).If you would take the time to read where i stated costs it plainly says the bicycle has been redone completly and what is in the bike is what he has spent since he was given a bare frame. yes they are store bought if you had read EVERYTHING FOR BOTH BUILDS was ordered from Aztlan Bicycle and lovley lowrider plus the trailer is a majority of the cost. hell i wouldnt care if he spent 5 grand if he is happy with it and wins....which he does and the smile on his face when he gets his trophy is all its about because he love being at shows. plus for his age he has already done more than most kids his age at least here in the midwest.

usually he take pride in reading the posts but i will not be letting him see this.

to those that posted positive .... Thank You very much

·
Registered
5,485 Posts
Originally posted by hydraulicmike@Jul 31 2003, 10:03 AM
fat jokes are unnesessary people need to quit hating on a CHILD:angry: thats just sad i guess that makes you feel better:confused:( I hope you never know the feeling of someone putting YOUR child down).If you would take the time to read where i stated costs it plainly says the bicycle has been redone completly and what is in the bike is what he has spent since he was given a bare frame. yes they are store bought if you had read EVERYTHING FOR BOTH BUILDS was ordered from Aztlan Bicycle and lovley lowrider plus the trailer is a majority of the cost. hell i wouldnt care if he spent 5 grand if he is happy with it and wins....which he does and the smile on his face when he gets his trophy is all its about because he love being at shows. plus for his age he has already done more than most kids his age at least here in the midwest.

usually he take pride in reading the posts but i will not be letting him see this.

to those that posted positive .... Thank You very much
To be honest wit you I know where your coming from totally. I was at that point when i was 12 & 13 but I never said then that I spent 3000 on a bike that is completly store bought. Hey its not negative its just telling the truth homie. You gotta realize that those people that spend high dollar get high dollar quality. But for his age I guess he accomplished more then most and your right about that! Hope everything turns out good for you homie! Dont take it so personal just peoples opinion!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts