LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got some seats that are pretty dried out, but other than that are in good shape. What's the best thing to restore the leather (something that will last).

·
Registered
14,110 Posts
i dont know if you can get it back to the way it was..but i have found it best to get a good leather conditioner and literally drench the leather in it. use a shit load of it. start out working it in gently..then put on an extra nice thick coat and just let the shit set and soak up for a day or so. go back and repeat.

·
16,068 Posts
Originally posted by CoupeDevilleDTS@Dec 6 2008, 04:36 PM~12354249
:yessad: bout all you can do.  Abuse got it where it is now and all you can do is prevent more damage.
Yup, i use this leather conditioner called Mink Oil and it gets keeps leather nice and soft for a long time. If the seats have been neglected too long though, cleaners and conditioners may cause the stitching to deteriorate faster.

·
18,283 Posts
Originally posted by Maverick@Dec 5 2008, 08:31 PM~12350080
i dont know if you can get it back to the way it was..but i have found it best to get a good leather conditioner and literally drench the leather in it. use a shit load of it. start out working it in gently..then put on an extra nice thick coat and just let the shit set and soak up for a day or so. go back and repeat.
Yup

·
Registered
795 Posts
Originally posted by oldskellwheels@Dec 8 2008, 11:17 AM~12368593
can't u use baby oil
i would think baby oil would stay on the surface and attract more dirt? and i read the mineral oil in the baby oil will literally burn up the leather. :dunno:

·
Registered
704 Posts
Originally posted by 64SS@Dec 8 2008, 04:27 PM~12370978
:dunno:
anybody??
ONCE THE LEATHER IS DRY OUT IS KIND OF DIFICULT TO GET IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS, NO MATTER WHAT KIND OF CONDITIONERS,CLEANERS OILS YOU PUT I THINK THE BEST THINK TO DO IS JUST TO REPAIR THE PIECE THAT IS DAMAGE BY THE HEAT IF YOU CAN, IF NOT JUST NEED TO REDO THE SEAT AND WHAT I RECOMEND TO ANYONE THAT HAVE VYNIL OR LEATHER INTERIORS DO NOT USE ARMOR ALL OR OILY STUFF CUZZ THAT WILL COOK THE LEATHER FOR SURE, AND ALWAYS LEAVE YOUR WINDOWS LITTLE OPEN SO HEAT WILL GO OUT WHILE THE VEHICLE IS BEEN PARK SPECIALY IN SUMMER TIME FOR CLEANING I USE WARM WATER WITH A LITTLE SOAP AND THAT WILL TAKE CARE OF THE STAINS AND GRIME AND AFTER THAT PUT LITTLE BIT OF LEATHER CONDITIONER HOPE THAT HELP. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
My linc was like that. I use obenhoffs on my seats, it's the same shit i use on my work boots. the seats will be graesy for a day and only do it when it's warm out so the leather will soak it up. It' worked for me after 3 months of weekly application... just a thought. make sure seats are super clean first though ;)

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
depending on how dry it is, oils will just cause it to crack and split cause itll seep in and cause it to be constantly wet/oily and will lose its strenght. if its not that bad, armor all leather conditioner. but really if its too too dry, theyre going to start to crack and split no matter what you use

·
Registered
541 Posts
lexol thats wat I use in my shop I dont mess with antythin else just gradually use it everytime u clean your car and it will help wiht life and color but serious dude up top is rite if you want it new you gots to re-dew and ps. dont listenin to these guys with there boot cleaning and dont ever use armor all or anyhting like it cuz it will cook your interior with the sun start lifting panels but more money for us upholstery shops so GO Meguiar`s GO jk lol

·
UNIQUES C.C.
3,672 Posts
any opinions on those maguires leather wipes?? i used some of those the other day but they just leave some wierd oily film on everything. I feel like that shit sucks but some people swear by them. any opinions??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts