LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have to shorten drive shaft, The car will only be used for street riding 3wheel and hopping.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Originally posted by rimzmail@Feb 13 2004, 06:24 AM
Do you have to shorten drive shaft, The car will only be used for street riding 3wheel and hopping.
No you don't have to, but if your fully locked up in the back and you hear a gringding noise comming from the driveshaft/universal joints when driving then you should. It also depends on what size cylinders you have in the back. The bigger the cylinder, the bigger the chance of the driveshaft binding.

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by rimzmail@Feb 13 2004, 06:24 AM
anything over a 10 inch cylinder in the rear............you will have to do seomthing

I had 12s, and fully locked up my driveshaft bounded(rubbed)
14s, shorten it 1 inch and extend trailing arms 1 inch
16 and up, get a slip-yolk

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Originally posted by BigNasty85Regal+Feb 14 2004, 12:52 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (BigNasty85Regal @ Feb 14 2004, 12:52 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--rimzmail@Feb 13 2004, 06:24 AM
anything over a 10 inch cylinder in the rear............you will have to do seomthing

16 and up, get a slip-yolk[/b][/quote]
i dont understand the point of shortening the driveshaft 1 inch becuz after u cut it how the hell do u ount it its one inch away from the mount, and another thing, if u extend the trailing arms how the hell will the car be able to sit back down??

·
Registered
17,780 Posts
Originally posted by gangstaburban95+Feb 14 2004, 06:26 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (gangstaburban95 @ Feb 14 2004, 06:26 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2004, 12:52 AM
<!--QuoteBegin--rimzmail
@Feb 13 2004, 06:24 AM

16 and up, get a slip-yolk
i dont understand the point of shortening the driveshaft 1 inch becuz after u cut it how the hell do u ount it its one inch away from the mount, and another thing, if u extend the trailing arms how the hell will the car be able to sit back down??[/b][/quote]
yo man, just do it, it is proven to work, or get a slip yolk shaft, those are made for this :biggrin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts