LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup everyone..
havnt been around for a while.. but i'm back now.. some people may know the name.. others wont.
anyways. i got a driveline question on my impala..
got a 63 2dr. and i need some measurements for the rear section of the driveshaft.. i got a 2 pump setup in the trunk. with 10's in the rear.. my problem is that i cant lift the ass to high because it will put to much pressure on the center support bearing.. the rear shaft has about a 4" slipyolk in it.. but i don't think it's short enough.. i'd measure but i don't have the faciltys to do it(a hoist.. or even tall jackstands) where i am i'm the only one with this setup in this kind of car(i think).. only one other 63 but i believe he has way more lift in the rear..
any help i can get would be greatly appreciated..
i was going to try a search but it's still down.. no worries.
thanks again.
layta

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
CUT YOUR REAR DRIVESHAFT 1 INCH,,,,,ALSO ADD A STEAL CENTER SUPPORT,,,I SELL EM FOR 85.00 ,DONT FORGET TOO NOT NOTCH YOUR FRAME WERE YOUR DRIVESHAFT GOES OR YOU WILL RIP IT ;) ;)

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
yeah you can get a telescope drive shaft ..empire driveline out of cali is where i got mine..they have an article over them in the tech part of lowridermagazine.com and cut about 4-5 inches off your frame where the drive shaft hits the only thing is that your frame is going to get a little weak by doing this....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts