LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great Impalas show today in Chico... Too many nice verts; didn't even place with my 63 :dunno:...

Moco's ride put on a wicked show! Hey, does anyone know where I can get a driveline like this with a big ass u joint for extreme angles? Mine binds up at full lift :uh:


[attachmentid=273696]
 

Attachments

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anyone? Dan WTF did you use on your 63?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
344 Posts
impalakracker pm'd
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I think it was... I like the shows cause you can check out all the shit folks come up with. Some smart mother fuckers out there... How's you car coming along?
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 12 2005, 10:50 PM~3801981
Yea I think it was...  I like the shows cause you can check out all the shit folks come up with.  Some smart mother fuckers out there...  How's you car coming along?
I used a slip yoke shaft from Rich
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 12 2005, 09:50 PM~3801981
Yea I think it was...  I like the shows cause you can check out all the shit folks come up with.  Some smart mother fuckers out there...  How's you car coming along?
great! money is tight, but I am getting there. I should be hitting switches this weekend. At least on the ass. I am waiting for my 13" bags to come. Looking to get the rear end buttoned up this week.
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
be careful and take your time... I fucked up my first pair of 13" cause they were rubbing all over the place... loads of modifications to get them to fit right.
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by 216RIDER@Sep 12 2005, 07:53 PM~3802006
I used a slip yoke shaft from Rich
Do you have the same big ass u joint? Hook a brother up!!!
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 12 2005, 08:00 PM~3802064
Do you have the same big ass u joint?  Hook a brother up!!!
TTT... well?
 

·
Face Puncher
Joined
·
25,975 Posts
I dont have a slip shaft anymore, but the one I did had standard u-joints.

Any driveline shop should be able to hook you up with some huge bastards like that though
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 12 2005, 09:59 PM~3802055
be careful and take your time... I fucked up my first pair of 13" cause they were rubbing all over the place...  loads of modifications to get them to fit right.
Are you mounting the bags further "up" the rear lower control arms so that you more travel than you would if you mounted the bags in the stock coil locations?
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I moved them back down on the trailing arms, but the new brackets I made give them more lift. I could drop them back down and be ok but I like the lift I'm getting now... I just want to be able to drive it a full lift without fucking everything up.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 14 2005, 10:01 PM~3817364
I moved them back down on the trailing arms, but the new brackets I made give them more lift.  I could drop them back down and be ok but I like the lift I'm getting now...  I just want to be able to drive it a full lift without fucking everything up.

Completely understood! I too love the locked up look. Its all a matter of money. Drop a few bucks on that driveline and lock that bad boy up high!
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Black Magic hooked me up!!! $202 delivered! :biggrin:
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Getting the parts is easy... figuring out what the hell you need is the tough part. Are you going to the LV LRM show in Oct? Should be a good one! Other than the shootings last year’s was great! :machinegun:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,552 Posts
Originally posted by Impalacracker@Sep 15 2005, 11:58 PM~3825976
Getting the parts is easy... figuring out what the hell you need is the tough part.  Are you going to the LV LRM show in Oct?  Should be a good one!  Other than the shootings last year’s was great!  :machinegun:
Dude, I live in Omaha, Nebraska. That would be like a mini-vacation for me to get out there.
 

·
tippin' on 3
Joined
·
5,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
great take one... I'll meet you there!
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top