LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the driveline is being pushed forward when i go up with the hydraulics in the back pushing the tranny up and causing problems with the throttle does anybody know how i can fix this problem thanks IMPALA 67

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALA 67@Aug 16 2005, 08:52 PM~3639373
the driveline is being pushed forward when i go up with the hydraulics in the back pushing the tranny up and causing problems with the throttle does anybody know how i can fix this problem        thanks IMPALA 67

slip shaft from blackmagichydros

·
Registered
563 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALA 67@Aug 16 2005, 08:52 PM~3639373
the driveline is being pushed forward when i go up with the hydraulics in the back pushing the tranny up and causing problems with the throttle does anybody know how i can fix this problem        thanks IMPALA 67
how long your stroke and and coil size

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
There's 2 options, either you install a 2 piece driveshaft with a slip yoke and carrier bearing, or you give Black Magic Hydraulics a call and get their new Slip shaft that dosent need a carrier... ;)

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALA 67@Aug 16 2005, 07:52 PM~3639373
Either shorten the driveline or get a slip shaft installed in your driveline

·
Registered
795 Posts
will i need aq slip shaft on a basic setup on a 64 impala with 8 in front and 10 in back

·
Registered
7,083 Posts
Originally posted by demintedvisions@Aug 20 2005, 03:50 PM~3661715
will i need aq slip shaft on a basic setup on a 64 impala with 8 in front and 10 in back
Not really, but it's way cleaner, you will fuck up your carrier bearing after a little while if you don't run a slip. If you run shocks in the back, you won't get out more than like 8", even with a minimum of coil.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts