·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1982 Cadillac Coupe Deville

fucking door acts like its locked, wont open, from inside or out,
finally I kicked the car door and it opened up like nothing was ever wrong,
its the second time this week its done this,
also the button pressed to open the door from the outside sometimes gets stuck when its been depressed in.

Anyone have a clue whats wrong with this thing?

And possibly a diagram of the internal components that probably need replacement or maintenence?
:dunno:

G

·
like dude said could be door hinges so door may be hanging other than that you gonna have to take the door panel off and check it out pull the inside door handle with the panel removed and check if any rod came loose or popped out...

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
it sounds like u need to grease your door latch and around that area..if the button is sticking then u need grease...and no its not your hinges u'd have to have a car that been underwater for them to rust that bad not to open the door..ur problem is with the handle and the parts that work with it..sounds like u just need to grease things up..something is sticking and not letting it work the right way

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by 95lincoln+Nov 20 2008, 11:39 AM~12209406-->
like dude said could be door hinges so door may be hanging other than that you gonna have to take the door panel off and check it out pull the inside door handle with the panel removed and check if any rod came loose or popped out...[/b]
The door looks like its all aligned right, the hinges work fine..

Rods? :scrutinize: got any pics? :cheesy:

Originally posted by [email protected] 20 2008, 01:24 PM~12210215
it sounds like u need to grease your door latch and around that area..if the button is sticking then u need grease...and no its not your hinges u'd have to have a car that been underwater for them to rust that bad not to open the door..ur problem is with the handle and the parts that work with it..sounds like u just need to grease things up..something is sticking and not letting it work the right way
Alright, but how/where would i get grease to the button and internal components?

Would WD-40 work with one of those little red straws to get it specifically inside there?

But what could it be.. when it gets stuck it wont open from the inside or out..

usually after i kick the shit, it works fine.. freakin bucket..
<!--QuoteBegin-blythe_mechanic
@Nov 21 2008, 02:27 AM~12217701
check your latch assemblie out, and the door stricker, not likly to be hinges
;) Will do, ill keep it updated.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Originally posted by legacylac@Nov 21 2008, 02:29 PM~12221305
Probably the rod inside the door was loose, the pins come loose alot
is loose,Quote FIX'T.
Where is this rod? i wanna go look for it :)

EDIT: no ****, it sounded wrong right after i posted it :ugh: lol.

·
Registered
632 Posts
Originally posted by legacylac@Nov 21 2008, 01:29 PM~12221305
Probably the rod inside the door wasloose, the pins come loose alot

x2 had the same problem in my Monte check that out

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
u need to take off your door panel inside if u want to see whats going on inside your door. roll up your window first..if you need to replace the handle its pretty simple to do.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
Originally posted by MonteCarloLS910@Nov 26 2008, 06:34 AM~12262085
x2 had the same problem in my Monte check that out
Me too on an 84 :angry:

I had the same problem also with a Caprice where the latch fucked up...never got the door open. Sold it that way lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts