LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll be going to guadalajara mexico in a couple of months and i was wondering if it was safe to drive long trips on spokes? and would any of you recommend this? i'm driving from utah.

·
Registered
6,115 Posts
Will you be driving back on spokes?

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
They're Department of Transportation approved wheels so the answer is "Yes." I've made plenty of 18-hour trips down to FL on spokes.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$ider@Jan 6 2004, 03:12 PM
i'll be going to guadalajara mexico in a couple of months and i was wondering if it was safe to drive long trips on spokes? and would any of you recommend this? i'm driving from utah.
probaly wont come back with your car

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally posted by JokerManN808+Jan 7 2004, 10:12 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JokerManN808 @ Jan 7 2004, 10:12 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin--$outh$ider@Jan 6 2004, 03:12 PM
probaly wont come back with your car[/b][/quote]
that's what i'm worried about. i don't plan on coming back to the US for awhile since i'm buying a house down there.

·
Registered
4,252 Posts
Which way you driving down? I've gone through Nogales, Az several times and the roads are fine pretty much all the way down to Guadalajara. You have to pay a toll but It's almost like driving in the US with double lane smooth roads. The only single lane part is from Mazatlan to Tepic. Good luck on your trip.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by $outh$ider+Jan 8 2004, 02:30 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE ($outh$ider @ Jan 8 2004, 02:30 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by [email protected] 7 2004, 10:12 PM
<!--QuoteBegin--$outh$ider
@Jan 6 2004, 03:12 PM

probaly wont come back with your car
that's what i'm worried about. i don't plan on coming back to the US for awhile since i'm buying a house down there.[/b][/quote]
just becareful...get a kill switch on your car...and the grant security system where u can take steering wheel off...your car gets jacked..your screwed

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Originally posted by Just2dvs@Jan 8 2004, 10:08 AM
Which way you driving down? I've gone through Nogales, Az several times and the roads are fine pretty much all the way down to Guadalajara. You have to pay a toll but It's almost like driving in the US with double lane smooth roads. The only single lane part is from Mazatlan to Tepic. Good luck on your trip.
EXACTLY WHAT I WAS GOING TO SAY I TOOK THE TRIP LAST YEAR (NOT ON SPOKES, BUT MY FRIEND DROVE HIS 72 CAPRICE HE MADE IT NO PROBLEMS BUT HE DID PUT A LIL BIGGER TIRES ON IT! LAST YEAR SOME DUDE DROVE HIS REGAL TO MICHOACAN ON 175 75 14 NO PROBLEMS!) AND IT WAS A NICE UNTIL I HIT TEPIC! THAT IS THE ONLY BAD SPOT! MAKE SURE YOU DRIVE THRU THAT AREA AT DAY TIME ITS SAFER!

GOOD LUCK!!!!

I WILL BE DRIVING OUT THERE HOPEFULLY LATE APRIL EARLY JUNE ( COLIMA, MICHOACAN, AND PUERTO VALLARTA FOR SPRING BREAK :biggrin:

·
Registered
257 Posts
guadalajara is not bad on thieves i would be more concerned about the trip down. Besides they dont even like spokes in some states.

·
Registered
12,528 Posts
Originally posted by 84coupe@Jan 13 2004, 10:35 AM
guadalajara is not bad on thieves i would be more concerned about the trip down. Besides they dont even like spokes in some states.
i've never had any trouble any where in any states..just get funny looks sometimes..but most of the time they just wanna see the car or truck..

·
Registered
257 Posts
Spokes are the cheapest wheels you can buy down there they dont last in does fucked up roads. Most like euro type wheels

·
Registered
6,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by 84coupe@Jan 13 2004, 02:12 PM
Spokes are the cheapest wheels you can buy down there they dont last in does fucked up roads. Most like euro type wheels
i don't think spokes are cheaper down there than they are here cause they import them from the US. you say people like euro type wheels? i've never seen a euro type custom in mexico.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Originally posted by Just2dvs@Jan 8 2004, 09:08 AM
my step grand mother lives in tepic or just out side it :biggrin:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts