LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the hydro world, I picked up a 63 two door impala with a four pump set up that was half installed, the car also came with a Reds slip yoke, this may sound stupid but what end of the shaft does it go on tranny or rear axle, and how much shaft must be cut before installing. Any info will be great help. thanks.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for the info guys, does anybody know of a shop in Toronto that does it, the shaft must be rebalanced.

·
Registered
12,920 Posts
carrier is the support on the end of the 1st shaft. it's just before the pivot point that the second shaft is on, bolts into the middle of the X frame.
i had a hell of a time doing mine man... im in winnipeg and everywhere i went people looked at me like i was on crack.had to get the shit done 2wice.. but i think it's right now. lol.
as for how much to take out. i'd get the juice in it first. then take some measurements from full lock to layed flat. then u will know the overall length u need. then its just some simple math and u should be good to go. i'd give u my measurements but i dont trust them myself.. hope that helps
layta

p.s. as far as the carrier.. i'd go solid as well. i had a new one that came with my car when i bought it so i just filleder up with lotsa silicone and it seems to be holding up ok.. but after it goes a solid is the way im going.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, its just a small teloscopic end that is welded to the rear side of the driveshaft, its still a two piece driveshaft and a carrier is still needed. My slip yoke is a two part peice that slids one into the other, but I have seen some slip yokes that have a spring between the two parts. Do I need a spring like that? and who or where can I get the sold carrier bearing from.

·
Registered
9,656 Posts
502-367-1956 brent greer @ pitbull hydraulics has solid steel carrier bearings

... i dont remember if it was 75 or 80 bucks but they guy is great to deal with excellent communication ...and as a matter a fact he even called me to see if every thing went well i just got off the phone with him ..

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
:biggrin: this is the steele center supports i sell,ready to install,,for all 58 to 64 impalas

Attachments

·
Premium Member
54,754 Posts
Originally posted by qwkkid@Aug 5 2005, 06:20 PM~3549556
how much for the steel center support bearing RICH?
100 shipped ,,,anywhere in usa ,,

1 - 16 of 16 Posts