LayItLow.com Lowrider Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the tax time special from Pro Hopper for my S10, The cylinders have threads on the cup side, is this just for helm joints and powerballs, or should I be bolting the cup to the cylinder. If so what size bolt, because the kit didn't come with any. Also, anyone know how many turns I should have on the front coils, I have 2 inch drop spindles, and I don't want to slam the crossmember when I pancake. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
the thread is for hyme, powerball, or cups. depending on application. im not sure of the thread size. start with "alot" of broke in coil and cut it down untill you find just what you want.

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Ya since you have those drop spindles I would start with at least 1 turn cut off the full stack.. 6 turns. They will break in good and still sit nice and low. I fucked up the first time and cut before I broke them in and lets just say it looked cool at shows but pain in the ass when hose broke or any mishad.. :angry: I fit 6 turns and still look like I lay frame and can drive with crossmember inch of ground.. plus have enough to chip up...

I have DMJ drop arms. 2 inch drop under the act arm.. ;) The only reason I did not leave the full stack ( prohopper ) is becouse It was a pain in th eass to get around the sway bar and was thinking of in th efuture of changing seals and stuff. did not want it to become a 6hr job.. ( full tear down ) Little play you can just pop them out and whoopee 1 hr task of seals.. ;)

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Originally posted by juiced79regal@Oct 12 2007, 09:17 PM~8989537
don't bolt the cup to the cylinder tou might regret it if you break a ball joint. i did bent a stroke
:thumbsdown:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by juiced79regal@Oct 12 2007, 11:17 PM~8989537
don't bolt the cup to the cylinder tou might regret it if you break a ball joint. i did bent a stroke
wtf?

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
cups bolt to the cyls...use this pic for reference

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
if you have powerballs then you are setup for coil over where the cup doesnt bolt to the cyl ,rather it will slide over the cyl casing and the powerballs will mount to where the cup bolt would have bolted in

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 13 2007, 04:57 AM~8991344
if you have powerballs then you are setup for coil over where the cup doesnt bolt to the cyl ,rather it will slide over the cyl casing and the powerballs will mount to where the cup bolt would have bolted in
Thats for the rear.. :uh: :biggrin:

The front breaks bolts like crazy. I tore mine off like in a week.. they just went flying down the HWY like a rock or something.. ;) Drop arm for trucks / sport rakes have a weird offset and that stoke needs more play space. i act had to turn my springs so they would hit better.. :biggrin: Even when we rewelded the front it still tore the welds out the stroker so I just gave up and ride deep cup / 6 turns / and she still lays becouse of the 2 inch drop arms.. They are act 2 inches under the arm and are reinforced very strong for dragging..

The spring sits below the arm. so I can lay frame and still have a full stack. Dirty as hell pic but they are power coated.. And we redid the top arms for a staighter fit..

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 13 2007, 09:55 AM~8991536
Thats for the rear.. :uh:  :biggrin:

The front breaks bolts like crazy. I tore mine off like in a week.. they just went flying down the HWY like a rock or something.. ;)  Drop arm for trucks  / sport rakes have a weird offset and that stoke needs more play space. i act had to turn my springs so they would hit better.. :biggrin: Even when we rewelded the front it still tore the welds out the stroker so I just gave up and ride deep cup / 6 turns / and she still lays becouse of the 2 inch drop arms.. They are act 2 inches under the arm and are reinforced very strong for dragging..

The spring sits below the arm. so I can lay frame and still have a full stack. Dirty as hell pic but they are power coated.. And we redid the top arms for a staighter fit..
READ ALL MY POSTS IN THE TOPIC NOT 1 OF THEM :uh: .....AND IF YOUR BREAKING GRADE 8 BOLTS ,YOU GOT OTHER ISSUES ;)

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 13 2007, 07:52 AM~8991749
READ ALL MY POSTS IN THE TOPIC NOT 1 OF THEM :uh: .....AND IF YOUR BREAKING GRADE 8 BOLTS ,YOU GOT OTHER ISSUES ;)
;)

As you can see I did. that damn angle was like a big ass sissor . whooochop!!!!!!!!!

Damn image uplouder. I can not put the new look up.. but much better now.. :biggrin:

·
Registered
13,097 Posts
Originally posted by fundimotorsports@Oct 13 2007, 04:39 PM~8993166
;)

As you can see I did. that damn angle was like a big ass sissor . whooochop!!!!!!!!!

Damn image uplouder. I can not put the new look up.. but much better now.. :biggrin:
i see,thats def a problem....what did you do to remedy the situation

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by GRINGO_CONNECT@Oct 13 2007, 03:03 PM~8993448
i see,thats def a problem....what did you do to remedy the situation
deep cups upside down as donuts welded to the perch.. . Cut those towers right out.. made everything really staight and I can hop too..

All that shit is cut out. and the cup is upside down. ;) Thats the good side. the other bent all the way back almost.. :angry: But we got a new way to do Fords and lincons now..

·
Registered
8,975 Posts
Originally posted by GrumpysBird@Oct 13 2007, 06:16 PM~8994258
So whats the New way!!!

cut that tower out . weld deep cup upside down , and thats your welded in donut . rangers have been doing it.. But this way makes those shafts just as straight... ;)

Uplouder is not working I have new pics.. :angry:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts